Chapter Seven

A/N: Hey guys! Here's the next chapter! Tell me what you think :)

!#$%^

I smiled at Loki, but then quickly looked away and frowned at the floor. What on earth was I getting myself into? How could I be so nice to the person who took my brother? Wasn't I the one who was supposed to be going berserk on him, like I had back on the plane? Believe me, I was still more than angry about the fact he had taken Clint, but why was I being so understanding?

So what if we were both in the same position? That doesn't excuse his actions! I looked up at him, opening my mouth to give him a piece of my mind, but the second my eyes connected with his, I knew that I couldn't do it.

There, deep inside his beautiful eyes, was an extreme amount of pain. I could see it clearly, and I knew that he had gone through too much. How could I be mad at someone who had already gone through enough? He had been through his fair share of hardships, I could tell simply by the masked expression on his handsome face.

I was staring again, so I quickly looked away.

"I should probably go…" I whispered softly, so quiet I didn't think he would be able to hear me through the glass, but he did. His head shot up, and we stared at each other for a long time, and I was immediately thinking of excuses I could make so that I could stay with him for a little longer, but I knew that it was time for me to go.

I stood up, and Loki did the same.

I turned to leave, and spoke over my shoulder, trying my hardest not to look back.

"Goodbye, Loki."

I walked out of the room, my heart pounding loud enough for everyone around me to hear it. I sighed, and kept walking, making my way to the control room. I was trying to find the rest of the team, and I knew that they would probably be at the table they seemed so fond of sitting at.

I walked into the room, but found that everyone had already left. Damn, I had spent too long talking to Loki, and had missed all of the important stuff. What kind of Agent was I?

I started making my way to Bruce's lab, knowing that that was where Tony was, and I knew that he could keep me up to speed on what was happening with everything.

On my way to the lab, I saw Steve heading in that same direction.

"Steve!" I called out. He turned, and caught sight of me, smiling instantly. He quickly walked over to my side, and nodded at me.

"Samantha," He greeted. I smiled up at him, as he was more than a foot taller than me. If my brother was taller than me, you can imagine how small I must seem compared to Captain America.

"How are you, Steve?" I asked him. I was curious to see how he was doing, since I haven't spoken with him for a while, and even when we did talk, it was all about me or my brother. Steve gave me a halfhearted smile, and shrugged his shoulders.

"Just concerned, I suppose. A man like Loki would never give up as easily as he did today. Something's not right, and I want to know what it is," He said, staring straight forward as we walked to the lab.

For some strange reason, my stomach twisted in on itself when he mentioned Loki. I took in what he had said, and let it register with my brain.

"You think he's up to something?" I asked, honestly wanting to know what he thought about Loki. What if he was up to something? I mean, he did give up a little too easily… but that could mean anything, really! Maybe he was regretting what he did, and that's why he allowed us to capture him. Maybe he doesn't want to be doing this anymore!