Chapter Eighteen

A/N: Hey guys, so this is the last chapter. I loved writing it, though it made me sad. There is going to be a sequel, so don't worry about that. Okay, here it is! Tell me what you guys think!

! #$%^

Clint stared at me in amazement, before he burst out laughing. He shook his head, and a single tear fell from his light blue eyes.

"It's good to have you back, Sammie." He whispered. I moved my hand up to his eyes, wiping them dry. I snuck a peek over at Loki, who looked very frail. Why'd he look so weak? He was also pale, more so than he usually was. What had happened?

"No seriously, what'd I miss?" I asked, and this time I was genuinely curious. It must have had something to do with Loki, that much I was almost certain of. Clint looked over his shoulder at Loki, and nodded at him, before looking back at me.

Wait, did my brother just acknowledge Loki's existence? He nodded at him? What the hell was going on?

"What happened?" I asked, this time demanding an answer from them.

"I healed you," Loki spoke, and my head turned to face him.

Wait, he healed me? Was that why I didn't feel any pain in my side? I reached down to my bandaged side and touched it gently, but there was no pain whatsoever. I would have looked under it, but I was in a hospital gown, and that would be embarrassing for me to have to pull up my gown.

But the fact was that I was healed, was that Loki had healed me. I didn't know how to feel right now, whether I should be happy or sad or confused or what.

I looked back at Clint, and he nodded in a grim confirmation.

Whoa.

My head was spinning, and I glanced back at Loki, who was staring at me with that damned mask on his face. I was never going to be able to talk to Loki freely with Clint in the room, so I decided to get rid of him.

"Clint, can you get me a soda or something?" I asked, staring at Loki pointedly. Clint glanced between Loki and me, before shaking his head.

"No way, Sammie. There's no way I'm going to-"

"Please? This might be the last time I get to see him. Just five minutes, please," I said, begging him for this chance. I needed to talk to Loki, and I needed to talk to him alone.

Clint stared at me for a long time, before he closed his eyes and sighed.

"Five minutes. But if anything happens, you scream and I'll be right there, okay?" He asked.

"Yes, Dad." I smirked.

Clint shook his head, before heading out the door, leaving Loki and me alone.

Loki hesitated for a few seconds, before moving to sit in the chair beside my bed. I was silent for a long time; which was time spent trying to memorize everything about Loki. His face, his lips, his eyes. Everything about him I wanted to keep in my mind, to save it forever.

"My brother is taking me back to Asgard for judgment," Loki was the first one to speak, and his words made me freeze. I knew that this was coming, I knew it, but even so, I was horrified. The one person I had to go fall in love with was going to a different realm.

But was that really any different from having him here and trying to take over the world? I mean, both ways we'll never be together. I had never really believed in the whole 'forbidden love' thing before, thinking that it couldn't be true. But now I know that it really is a possibility, and it sucked ass.