Chapter Nine

A/N: Hey there people, I have another chapter here, so tell me what you think!

!#$%^

I headed for the lab, and got there in record timing. When I walked in, Tony and Bruce were still working on finding the cube, being as nerdy as they usually were. Tony turned and caught sight of me, and put down whatever he was working on. He walked over to me, and upon seeing the look on my face, led me out into the hallway.

"Well, you look like you've had a brilliant day so far," He joked, sensing my bad mood. I sighed, and leaned up against the wall for support. I closed my eyes and let out a small groan.

"Well, after you told me not to, I-"

"Visited Loki again?" He asked, already guessing what I had done. I opened my eyes, and saw him staring sadly at me. I frowned, and slid down to the floor, cradling my knees in my arms.

"Yeah," I hid my face in my legs, and let out a deep breath. I looked back up at Tony, who was now sitting on the floor next to me.

"You know, I absolutely adore how well you listen to me," He shook his head, obviously disappointed with me. I immediately felt bad, like I had just done something evil, like kicked a puppy or something equally as horrible.

I sighed, and tried to explain it to him.

"Tony, I-I don't know what to think. About anything, really. Loki is the bad guy; he's the one who took my brother away from me. I may never see Clint again, and it's all because of Loki. But despite all of that, despite him wanting to kill everyone that I love, I can't help but feel something for him," I said.

Tony was silent as he looked away, thinking to himself.

"The part that scares me is that I don't know what I feel for him. Is it just an understanding, or is it something more than that? I don't know! And that's why I'm so scared." I said.

Tony scooted over next to me, and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I gladly leaned into his arms, glad that someone was there to comfort me.

"Well, Princess, looks like you've got yourself into a bit of a mess here," He said.

I sighed into his chest.

"Any advice?" I asked, doubting that he would come up with anything helpful. He was quiet for a long time, and for a moment I thought he hadn't heard me. But then he spoke.

"Sunshine, I'm not going to pretend that I know everything, but I do have something to say to you. Plain and simple; I don't like what's going on between you two. I don't like it, but me not liking it isn't going to help you out at all. I don't understand what you see in him, or what makes you even close to attracted to him, but like I said; that won't change anything. I can't control you, or make you do what I want, because I know you, and you'll do whatever the hell you want to," He chuckled a little bit, making me smile.

"But what I can do, is warn you. Princess, I stand by what I said before; there is no happy ending with Loki. However this turns out: whether we kill him, or capture him, or even get ourselves killed, no version allows you two to be together. And you need to accept that, because if you don't you'll just make yourself miserable," He sighed, before continuing.

"Sammie darling, I care about you too much to see you have your heart broken. If you get yourself hurt, just know that you'll be hurting me, as well. Because despite all of my joking, I do care about you," He said.

I smiled, and tried to stop my eyes from tearing up.

"You? The Tony Stark actually cares about little old me?" I asked, joking through my tears. Tony pulled away from me, and kissed my forehead lightly, before standing up.