Chapter Four

A/N: Hey guys, thanks for all the reviews! It makes me happy to see that people are enjoying my story! I'll try to get to Loki as quick as I can without damaging the storyline. Then we can start developing Samantha and Loki's relationship, which should be fun :)

!#$%^

After a little more teasing, Tony finally retired to his quarters to do something nerdy, I guess. That guy may be arrogant, cocky, and sometimes a huge jerk, but he sure knew his stuff, and as much as I hated to admit it, the guy really was a genius.

I sat at the table for an hour, waiting for our two guests to get here. After that hour had passed, I gave up and went back to my room. They would send somebody for me when they arrived, so there was no point in me just waiting around. I walked back to my room, and sat in the chair at the computer desk they had given me.

I sat there, in front of the computer, not knowing what to do. I knew that I'd probably be waiting for a while, so I decided to wander around a little bit, and try to get to know this place better. I'd had known the old facility like the back of my hand, but this one was still a mystery to me, and that was something that I had to change.

I started off from my room, and mentally mapped my way to the cafeteria, as I know that I'd spend a lot of my time there. I may be little, but I could eat my weight in food. I'd always been like that, and I remember that I used to have wing eating contests with the Agents back at the old place.

I frowned, and sighed.

Despite all of the bad times I had had at the old S.H.I.E.L.D. facility, I had also had a lot of good times, and was only just realizing it now.

Why did it always have to be like that? You never knew what you had right in front of you until it was taken away. I should have been grateful for what I had had, and instead I mocked the people who had taken me in every chance I got, and was disrespectful to every person I had met, including my own brother.

I didn't even want to get started on my brother. There were so many things that I did that I regret now, so many things that I wish I could take back. And quite honestly, now that I thought about it; I actually agreed with him.

hadn't been ready for that job. I was brash, reckless, and always ready for a fight. I know now that I would have gotten myself or someone else killed within the first hour of the mission.

That was the thing about me, was that I was so eager for action, that I forgot everything my brother had taught me when I was younger.

I would have disappointed him, and that would have killed me as surely as any bullet would have.

I shook my head, and continued walking through the many hallways. I tried several doors along the way, though most of them were locked. Eh, it was worth a shot. SHIELD had their right to keep secrets, along with the rest of the human population.

After a while of roaming around, I realized that I was supposed to be mapping this in my head while I walked.

Oops.

I scratched at my head, and tried to remember which way was which. I started picking random hallways, and always ended up back in the same spot I was in when I had started trying to find a way out.

I was walking along; trying to figure out which way my room was, when a girl only a little older than myself caught sight of me wandering around. She sighed in relief, and rushed over to where I was standing.

"Agent Barton! Director Fury has been looking for you for over half an hour!" She said, and I raised my eyebrows at her words. I had been wandering around for over an hour? It didn't seem that long while I was walking, but now that I thought about it, I knew that I had been wandering around for much longer than I should have, and I still didn't know where I was.