Chapter Six

A/N: So, moving forward! Here's the next chapter :D

!#$%^

Loki turned his head to look at me.

"You mean to say that you and I are alike?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"That was the point, genius," I said with a hint of sarcasm. He was about to say something else when we both saw Tony flying back to where we were currently sitting. He landed a few feet to my right, and lifted his mask. His facial expression was a mixture of shock and confusion at seeing us sitting together and talking. I guess he was expecting to find me tearing him limb from limb, so it must have been quite a sight to see us together.

"Well, it's nice to see that you haven't ripped his heart out, sunshine. But I believe that it's time to go," Right as he said that, Steve and Thor appeared at his side, and our plane flew to where we were all standing. I sighed, and stood up, Loki following my movements.

We loaded Loki in the plane, sitting him in the seat he had sat in previously. Instead of sitting with him this time, I went up to the cockpit where everyone was either standing or sitting. Tony saw me walking towards them, and raised an eyebrow before giving a pointed glance at Loki. I sighed.

"Later." I mouthed, hoping that he would eventually forget and I wouldn't have to explain everything that had happened to him. I turned to our newest member, and held out my hand.

"You must be Thor. Pleasure meeting you, Blondie," I smiled brightly. Thor looked surprised at my casual greeting, but took my hand none the less. I would have never admitted it to anyone, but I think that he accidentally broke my hand when he grabbed a hold of it. I never knew that he was so strong, but then again, he was a God after all. But Loki was a God, and he wasn't nearly as buff as Thor was. Hmmm…

"Well met, Miss…" He trailed off. I smiled at him, and shook my head at myself.

"Where are my manners? Samantha Barton, at your service," I nodded at him. I looked back over at Loki, and saw him eavesdropping on our conversation. I didn't mind too much, because I'd be doing the same exact thing if I were in his position. I excused myself, and made my way to the back of the plane, and sat across from Loki once again.

I yawned, and stretched out my arms, already getting tired. I leaned my head back, and tried to smack the sleepiness out of me. It was getting late, and spending all day in front of a computer could take a lot out of you. I tried to keep my eyes open, though, and stared at Loki. I had to figure him out, or else I would go crazy with curiosity.

All he wanted was for someone to notice him, but why did he feel the need to enslave the human race? What would that accomplish for him? But then again, doing nothing would accomplish nothing as well.

And that's what I had been doing my whole life, nothing. Now believe me, I had tried my hardest to prove to everyone that I was worth more than just coffee, but it had never worked before now. I suppose I could see why Loki thought he had no other option, but it still didn't explain everything. Maybe I didn't understand him as well as I had thought.

"Do I have something on my face?" Loki suddenly asked, a trace of humor in his voice. I blinked rapidly, more than just a little confused. Loki smirked, and tilted his head to the side.

"You were staring." He said.

It was then that I got it; he was mocking me. I rolled my eyes at his nerve, but didn't mind it too much. After all, I had been the one to start it.