★CHAPTER FIVE★

LEIA

I thought my nerves would've settled down by the second day, but I felt the same nervous flutter in the pits of my belly. A sixth sense told me today wouldn't be a good day but I ignored that thought since it occurred to me almost every day.

Hurriedly dropping off Labeeb––my step-brother––to the junior school, I parked my mini next to a drool-worthy matte black Aston Martin, trying hard not to stare at it with wide eyes.

I was still staring at the car when it's door went flying open and out stepped a certain charcoal-eyed devil in all his glory. I took in the crisp white and blue shirt that clung to Zayn's massive shoulders and stretched tightly over his broad chest. He was clad in expensive-looking slacks that I was sure weren't part of the school uniform.

Hoor's words rang in my ears––'student council' and 'king'––and my mood immediately soured. Guys like him should have a brain the size of a peanut, then why was he elected as head boy?

I grunted in frustration and waited for him to leave so that I could get out of my car. As far as I knew, he was bent over on the seat and was collecting something from the dashboard. I stopped looking after that and busied myself with playing the snake game in my oldest model of Nokia.

I was furiously pressing the unworking keys when my door was thrown open. Startled, I whipped my head to the right and gritted my teeth when I saw who it was.

Hand still holding my door open, Zayn looked at my ocean blue mini in distaste.

"Nice car," He commented, laying the sarcasm on thick. I had to grip my Nokia tightly to prevent myself from hurling the damned thing at him. I imagined the sound it would make when it collided with that chiseled jaw and felt a little better. Except for the chiseled jawpart. Couldn't he have had a round face with a double chin or something? "Perfect for you."

I huffed, refusing to be offended. My adoptive parents had worked so hard to get me a car. I would never be embarrassed. Even if the whole school had shiny, big cars that their drivers dropped them off from.

"Excuse me, were you talking to me? I thought I was just a trashy scholarship student that people like you wouldn't even look at." Yeah. I remembered that comment from yesterday. Kinda hard to forget when your former best friend says something like that.

"I was just walking by when my eyes fell on . . ." He eyes my car, a nasty expression on his face. "This . . . thing."
I clutched my phone to my chest and stepped out of the car, narrowly escaping Zayn's large frame.

"Good for you," I muttered and held the handle of the door he hadn't removed his hand from. When I tried to push it closed, he tightened his grip on it, eyes holding mind in all their dark intensity. I settled my gaze on the door again. "If you would please remove your thing from my car. I have important classes to attend. Unlike other people."

His hand didn't move an inch and to make things worse, his foot came to rest on the inside of my car, legs spread wide in that universal male way.

"I'm calling security," I warned him and he smirked.

"You mean that guy?" He pointed to Khan, the old guard that everyone knew and loved. "What will he do? Tell the student council members?" He barked out one victorious and humourless laugh. "Well, guess what, Lee? You're pretty much helpless against me. And as long as you're in my school, you have to follow my rules. Am I understood?"

I made a mock expression he couldn't see because of the veil covering my face. I really needed to stop thinking people could see my face when I was wearing all this. "It's a shame, really, that I don't understand English. I soooo wish I knew what you were saying in that beautiful language."