★ CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE ★

ZAYN
"It's a beautiful name, you know," she said suddenly, "I didn't expect you to name him that."

"I saw his face and I just knew. Thanks for letting me do this."

She just smiled, closing her eyes and inclining back. "Did you inform my parents? I mean, of course, you did. Have you—has Dad said something to you? Like . . . something strange, perhaps?"

I flicked a brow. "I don't know. Did he?"

Leia groaned, finally opening her eyes and directing her gaze at me. "Just tell me already. He can be a little . . . frank sometimes. You guys talked, didn't you? I know you did. What else could you have possibly been doing outside for so long."

"Sharing a cigarette, perhaps?" I suggested, only joking, but it felt weird to say it in front of Abdar Rahman. Maybe I should've covered his ears first.

Leia narrowed her darkened eyes at me. "Be serious and tell me what you talked about."

"Is that a command?" I mused. "It sure seems like it."

This time she let out a growl and I tried hard not to laugh. I swear my cheeks hurt from keeping in a smile. I was sure I resembled a fish.

"Fine," I relented. "I told him I wanted to get married to you."

Her eyes widened. "What? You said what?"

Slower this time, I repeated, "He wanted to know what our deal was. I just told the truth."

A flush crawled up her cheeks. "Uh . . ."

"So, will you?" I tried sounding casual, though my heart thrummed rapidly against my ribcage.

"Will I what?"

She was going to make me say it. "Will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?"