CHAPTER 2

Alex woke up at 5 in the morning to get ready for school.

He took a shower, ate his breakfast, and fixed his bag.
He got on his bike and rode off to his new school.

When he got off his bike and parked it somewhere, he already saw alot of people, so he hid his face.

When he got in the school, students flood the hallways and he had to dodge them all as he crosses.

He was still looking for his classroom.
Class 2-A.
When he finally found it, he got in and just took a random seat. Everyone in the classroom was talking to each other or laughing loudly.
All except him of course.

He took out a paper and pencil and started drawing instead.

He did one thing until the teacher came.

“Good Morning class, I'm your homeroom teacher, Miss Everlock.”

The whole class fell silent and Alex knew what was coming next.

“Today we have a new student in class, why wont you introduce yourself?” she asked and looked at him.

Alex was already sweating but managed to stand up and speak.

“H-Hi. I'm.. Um.. Alex Oakley. And uh.. I'm 13 years old, I just.. Transferred here.. And.. I'm new to the neighborhood so.. ”

He was doing a good job.
NOT.
He was doing a bad job. A very very bad job.

He just gulped and his anxiety kicked in again. His teacher just let him sit down and he wiped off his sweat.

When Miss Everlock finished attendance and left the room, it got noisy again.

Alex just hid himself in his book and read until the next teacher came in.

***

At lunch, he sat alone.

All his other classmates had groups with them and he just sat on a bench eating.

Maybe he should make friends. But he still hesitated.

After eating, he immediately went back to his classroom.
When he slid the door open, he saw that he was the first one to arrive.

He just sat down and put his head on his desk.

A few moments later, he heard the door open. He didn't bother to look who came in and just stayed in that position.

He heard giggles of girls. They must be the ones who came in.

“Yeah, I guess he's kinda cute.” said one.

“But he's weird tho. And a little awkward.”

He knew they were talking about him.  These things never bother him because he didn't care about what people thought about him.
He just doesn't like it when other people pry on his life.

One of his classmates came in and said that the next teacher isn't coming because of a meeting, so he just got out of the classroom because it was starting to get noisy.

He immediately searched for the library and when he found it, he carefully went inside.

There weren't many people, so he sighed with relief and started to look around.

He looked at every shelf admiring how many and how organized the books were.

He wasn't looking where he was going, so he bumped into someone.

“Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!” he said. He started picking up the books that fell down.

“No, no, it's okay.”
It was a girl's voice and she picked up some of the books too.

He looked up and saw the girl.
She wore glasses. She had twin braids and brown eyes.

They both locked eyes for a moment, when suddenly someone else came.

“What's all this noise?”
It was the librarian.

The girl adjusted her glasses and explained what happened and apologized. The librarian dismissed them both and left.

Alex gave her the books and she thanked him.
“Sorry again for earlier.”

“It's alright. I shouldn't have brought so many books with me. Anyways, I'll see you soon.”

She left him and he just stood there.
Did he just.. Talked to someone? And it was a girl.

He suddenly felt a spark inside him and his lips formed a smile. How great is that?

He just looked around more and managed to take out a book he got interested in.

He was about to open the door of his classroom, when he heard voices.

“Haha! Look at me, my name's Alex!”

“Stop it, Josh. That's not nice! He's just new.”

“Can it, Ashley. Why're you protecting him? Do you looovvveee him?” he mocked.

A shouts of 'Ew'was heard.
“I didn't say anything!”

“Well it suits you, since you two are nerds and weirdo's anyway!”

Then he heard chants of 'Nerd!'.

He suddenly felt bad for her. She's being bullied all because of him.

The door suddenly slid open, and a girl came running out.

She bumped into Alex and they both fell on the floor.

It was the same girl in the library.
She looked at him stood up, and ran away.

“Hey look! It's the other nerd!!”

Alex grabbed his book and just followed the girl instead.

When he got tired of running, he just walked around and looked for her.
Then, he saw her under a cherry blossom tree.

She was crying, so he approached her and sat beside her.
“H-hey.. Um.. Ashley, right?”

When she heard him she looked at him and wiped her tears.
He gave her his handkerchief and she thanked him.

“Sorry.”

“About what?” she asked.

“You were protecting me back there and then you got hurt because of it. You shouldn't have done that.”

“What? And I'll just let them speak ill of you? No way.”

He smiled at her. For some reason, he relaxed and felt happy that someone was at least trying to defend him.

They both talked for a while until she finally managed to calm down.

When they both heard the bell rang, they both went back to their classroom.

“So, I'll see you tomorrow.”

“Yeah. Tomorrow.”

***

I'm honestly proud of Alex and how he realized that it was so easy to start up a conversation with someone. Lol.