Chapter 7

Chapter 7

            It took me a second before I realized that she was holding her hand out towards me. I slowly placed my hand into her small one. The second our hands met, I felt a shock shoot up my arm. As I took my hand back, I noticed that she felt it as well. And that made me happy. Strange, I think, something’s wrong here. We just stand there, staring at each other. Coming out of my daze, I see that she’s smiling. I smile back as I sit back in my chair, putting a little distance between us.

            “Please be seated Ms. Bellflower. I’m sorry that I didn’t introduce myself earlier. I’m Alpha Castiel Winchester. And it’s a pleasure to meet you.” I watch her face as a tiny look of both shock and amusement flash across before it suddenly becomes blank. This girl would make a great poker player, my wolf says smugly. “You know,” she says, her voice softly filling my office, “I’ve never met anyone with a first name as “Alpha. It sounds like there’s a story behind it.”

            I chuckle softly. Why is she acting like she doesn’t know about us, my wolf asked sounding hurt. She probably doesn’t know or didn’t think that I would or did call her alpha and back up her story. As I talk with my wolf, I notice that she started looking a little worried. Mari opened her mouth to speak, but before she could make a sound, Tom comes running into the room breathless. “Alpha…Cass, the girl’s gone. Red and I can’t find her.” Worry colors his voice as he blurts out before noticing her sitting in front of my desk. I watched amused as his face turns five different shades of red. I’m sorry for interrupting Cass. Tom told me, using the pack mind. We thought that she woke up and ran off. For a human, and being raised by werewolves, that girl doesn’t give off much of a scent. It’d make tracing her near to impossible.

            I was on the phone with Lynx when she came into my office. I thought it would be best to talk to her and see if I could get her to talk. Tell Red that she’s fine. Oh, and y’all take a nap. You’re looking a little tired, ol’ friend. I nod at him as he bows his head to me and leaves. “Now Ms. Bellflower, I know that you know my first name isn’t ‘Alpha’.” I smirk as her face broke the blank look. Guilt washed over her eyes before once again quickly disappearing. “Your father, Alpha Lynx and I just finished a very informative phone call. So you see, I know that you know about us. There’s nothing to hide, little human.” I don’t know why I added that, or why my voice thickened with emotion.

            When those words left my mouth, I watched as she turned pale. “You don’t have to pretend you’re a normal human around me or my pack. We understand.” Mari slowly nods her head once and whispers, almost too softly for her to hear. “Of course, I’m sorry Alpha.”

            I waited for a longer explanation, but she just sat there, looking at her hands. Thirty minutes of silence passed. Recalling that I promised Lynx to have Mari call him when she woke, I slide my cell phone towards her. “Your father would like it if you called him.” Her eyes widened for a split second, but I didn’t really notice. “After you finish your call, please return to your room and rest.” I used my alpha voice on her, and I could tell that it had some effect on her. I was shocked at myself. I have never used that tone of voice on a human before. Something about Mari Bellflower made me nervous, and I was taking it out on her. Nodding to myself, I stand and head to the kitchen.