Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Cass’s Point of View

            I could hear her make her way down the hall. I was surprised when she kept walking towards the kitchen instead of her room. So much for my command working on her, I think bitterly as I finish my water wishing so badly for a good shot of bourbon. “Alpha Winchester.” Her voice hits me and I realize that she’s breathing hard. I turn and see her standing in the doorway shaking like a leaf.

            “What is it Ms. Bellflower? Are you okay?” I asked, but my voice was laced thickly with sarcasm. I couldn’t help it. She still disobeyed my command, and I was a little pissed…Well, I was more hurt than pissed, and I can’t really tell you why. I see hurt and then anger flash brightly in her eyes. Oh great. I’ve pissed her off and hurt her feelings. I expected a little tongue lashing from her, but nothing could have prepared me for what I heard come from her pretty little mouth.

            No you idiot!”She yells at me. The nerve of the girl, if this is how she treats Lynx and Nina, then I feel sorry for them. “You used a command on me. This is how it affects me until I cave in and do what you told me to. I wanted to get something to eat before I went to bed, seeing as how I haven’t eaten in almost five days now. But nooo, I have to go to bed. And another thing, I HATE when people use an alpha command on someone weaker or smaller than them. It shows just how weak and small they are!” I watch as she turns to leave, and my wolf snaps and takes control. I hate when he does that. He jerks Mari around and slams her against the wall. Then, to make sure she can’t escape him, he holds her tightly, each hand on her shoulder.

            “Listen here little girl.”I start, shocked at how clam and deadly my voice sounds. I knew he was going to scare her. Easy man, she’s just a human. Even humans must learn they cannot disrespect us, he yells at me. “I know that you’re a human, and Lynx may let you get away with all sorts of things at home, but here, in my pack, you will NOT insult and disrespect me, any member of my pack, and any alpha that is within my territory or house! Understood?”  I knew she was pissed at me. I watched as she didn’t look away. She just stared back at me, almost as if she was bored. Never have I seen anyone, human or werewolves keep eye contact when given the death stare. They usually back down, but not her. Something is very weird about this girl. And I plan on making Lynx tell me what it is, and soon. It’s driving me insane, it really is.

            She slowly nods at me and I let her go so I could get her something to eat. But the second my hands are off of her, she’s gone like a shot to her room. I’m still upset, but I follow her knowing that I have to apologize for my behavior. That is not the way one should treat the daughter of a powerful ally. I hear the lock on her door click, and my wolf fights me again. This time so he could show her that nothing would keep him out if he wanted him. But I keep him restrained. I take deep breaths trying to calm down. Man, if she tells Lynx about this I am so dead.

            “Ms. Bellflower. Mari, I’m sorry. Please, I’m just looking out for you. I didn’t know that you hadn’t eaten. There’s some lasagna and fixings in the fridge if you’d like to eat.” I say, listening to her heart slow down. Great, now she’s pissed at me and going to bed without eating. I take another breath; I really need to calm down. “I’m sorry about losing my temper. It won’t happen again.” I promise her but knowing that she can’t hear me. Swearing, I turn and head to my office. I walk in and slam the door. Me and my temper, always getting me into situations I don’t like being in. Dad always told me that one day my temper would cause some damage that I couldn’t fix. I just hope that this isn’t.

            I lock my door and grab a bottle of bourbon. But I don’t open it. I just place it on my desk and stare at it. I despise that I even started drinking the stuff, but for a while it helped dull the pain after dad’s death. I sit there for a few hours, my mind turning up all the mistakes I’ve made since high school. Groaning, I pick the bottle up and threw it against the wall. Tom must of heard it because he comes running. He tries to open the door, but when he realizes that it’s locked, he starts pounding on it. “Damn it, Cass. Don’t start this again. You were doing great. You almost had five years under your belt. Come on man,” he pleads with me, “Open the door. Just don’t start this again, please.” I listen to him but I don’t move.

            I stand up and head for the door. But before I could touch the lock, I hear Mari’s voice in my head. I’m sorry Alpha Winchester for disrespecting. I guess I’m just overly tired, but that’s no reason to treat you the way I just did. If my dad knew, he’d ground me. Please, forgive me. I’ll see you in the morning. Goodnight. I just stand there, dumbfounded. There’s no way on earth that an un-shifted werewolf, let alone a human, should have been able to mind link with me. Especially one that’s not a part of my pack. I just stand there, Tom completely forgotten until the door comes flying in. My beta is one strong dude sometimes, and he scares me when I see that side of him. He comes in and I can tell that he’s pissed. I know he thinks I’ve fallen off the bandwagon. He’s kept me on track for so long.

            He opens his mouth to give me a good working over. But he stops when he sees the shock on my face. He grins sheepishly. “Sorry about the door man. I thought you were passed out drunk or something….” His words fade as he notices that I’m not even looking at him. He slaps me and that snaps me out of my little daze. “Tom,” I say moving to my desk and grab my keys and throw them at him; “You’re driving me to the Trojan River territory. I need to talk to Lynx.”  He catches the keys and looks at me.

            “Man are you okay?’  

            “Yeah, I just need to get something straighten out and I can’t wait until tomorrow. Let’s go.” I say as we head to the garage. There’s no time like the present. As I slide into the passenger seat, I link up with Red. Red, you and four others need to guard Ms. Bellflower’s room until I get back. Don’t let her out of the house for any reason. I’ll be back tomorrow.

            Yes sir. He says as he quickly drops the connection. I know that I can trust him with her.