Resolution |5| (girlxgirl)

V .

October has set in, the whole school was getting ready for Halloween week to come. Decorations were being hung around the dorms, students taking time out of class to help carve pumpkins to go around the schools premises and courtyards.

“Hey Kate.” I heard a small voice shout from behind me, seeing Jessie run towards me a smile placed across her face. I looked back over to Alice, she looked down and turned away making my heart drop a hundred feet into my stomach with out any sign of it hitting rock bottom.

“Hey. How are you?” I asked quickly composing myself, putting a smile on my face.

“I'm good thank you. Anyway I was just wondering...What are you doing tonight?” She asked nervously looking down at her feet then back up to me, her silver eyes staring into mine.

“Nothing that I know of, why?” I asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

“Well it's Halloween season as you know and at the fair down the road they are holding a scarefest. I was wondering if you'd like to go... with me.” She said hesitantly her cheeks going a rosy pink, “You don't have...”

“I'd love to go with you.” I cut her off mid sentence, a breath taking smile spread across her face eliminating any signs of anguish.

“I'll meet you here then at eight.” She said, the smile still on her face as she walked away.

I walked over to where Anna and Alice were sitting on the bench. I looked at Alice realising she never wears her hair up unless something is wrong, I frowned as I mentally scolded myself for not noticing this earlier.

“Hi.” Anna said patting a seat on the table top next to her.

“What's wrong with Alice?” I asked as she got up and walked away as I sat down next to Anna.

“She's been in a mood all day. Oh my god maybe she is in love with you and hates that you're hanging with Jessie the supposed lesbian.” Anna said in a mock voice.

“Ha ha, you're so funny.”

“I try.” She said with a beaming grin.

“But for real what's wrong with her?” I asked with concern.

“I don't know.” She sighed looking at me.

I walked around the corner towards the courtyard, Jessie checking the time on her phone impatiently waiting for me to arrive, knowing I was running ten minutes late.

“Sorry I'm late.” I smiled nervously as I saw the relief on her face that I didn't stand her up.

“It's okay.” She excused it politely.

“So, want to get going.” I said awkwardly looking at her.

Most of the walk down to the fair was silent, we shared a few short conversations about class and what teachers we like and don't like.

“So why you move schools?” I asked her hesitantly as I looked down at her walking along the path to go to the zombie maze.

“Erm...I didn't like my old school so I decided to move to a new one.” She shrugged looking down, “are you and Alice an item?” She asked me in return.

“No.” I chuckled, “we're just really good friends.”

“Well seems like to her you're more than just friends.” She stated looking at me as I stopped walking to face her.

“Why does everyone say that. We're just friends.” I ranted, defending her.

“Why does she go in a mood when you start talking to me?”

“She's just protective, we've heard...” I cut myself short walking again.

“No wait, you've heard what exactly?” She pressed, grabbing onto my arm stopping me dead in my tracks.

“We've heard you go for girls and have a reputation of leading people on.” I said quietly looking down. Hoping it wasn't true.

“Oh.” Was all she said as she dropped her hand from my arm, leaving it cold.

“Is it true?”

“No. Well half of it is true. Judge when you learn the full story.” She said bitterly turning around to walk away as she knotted her hand in the back of her blonde hair only to let go again, leaving me standing there alone as she retreated.