Resolution |6| (girlxgirl)

VI.

“I heard you pissed off Jessie, last night.” Anna said with a smile on her lips, Alice just looking up at me, her face blank.

“I don't want to talk about it.” I sighed, running my hands on my knees as I leaned my head against the wall thinking about last night.

“You should apologise to her.” Alice spoke up looking directly at me, her voice sounding detached.

“I don't know.” I shrugged looking back at her.

“I'm going to leave you lovely ladies to it, I'll be back in an hour.” Anna said getting up off the bed ruffling up Alice's dark hair as she blew me a kiss. I watched as she walked out the dorm room shutting the door behind her.

“What's wrong Alice?” I asked, getting off the bed sitting directly infront of her as she looked down.

“Nothing.” She whispered.

“I know you well enough, to know when you're lying.” I stated cupping her cheeks in my hands as I made her look at me, she closed her eyes and shook her head slightly leaning away from me.

“I'm fine.” She looked back at me tears glistening in her eyes.

“Don't lie to me.” I sighed grabbing her navy blue top, pulling her to me as I got on my knees hugging her into my body.

“I do think you should apologise to her though.” She murmured into my chest as I rested my chin on top of her head.

“I will after I know what's wrong with you.”

“It's that time.” She simply told me.

“Oh, why didn't you tell me that earlier.” I said rolling my eyes, feeling it was much more than she let on.

“Anyway, go and apologise.” She said pulling away from the hug looking at me, her brown eyes darker than normal.

“I'll be back as soon as I've said sorry, I promise.” I leaned forward kissing her forehead softly, before getting up waving her a shy goodbye as I left the room.

I just stood there staring at the dark mahogany door thinking of the words to say as my heart began to beat in my throat, nerves taking control as I walked away. I looked behind me to see her standing outside her door looking at me like she knew I was standing there for the whole time, I looked forward before letting out a sigh and turning back around to walk towards her.

“I'm sorry about last night.” I apologised sheepishly, looking down at my shoes.

“Come here for anything else.” She crossed her arms over her chest staring me down, a cold glare in her silver eyes.

“No, that was all.” I muttered looking into her eyes before turning back around to walk away to Alice's dorm where self pity was calling me.

“Why you doing this to yourself?” I faintly heard an unfamiliar voice say through the door as I rested my ear lightly against it.

“Because I know how it's going to end.” Alice said quietly, sadness in her voice.

“Well just tell them, you never know until you try.”

“They are pretty much happy with someone else.”

I felt my heart clench as I listened to the conversation deciding to go back to my room for an early night. I mentally slapped myself for eavesdropping, knowing you will end up hearing something you wish you never did. I opened up the door throwing it shut as I ran my hand through my hair before dropping them to my sides as I threw myself onto the sofa, hearing a soft knock on the door.

“Come in.” I called loud enough for them to hear as I heard the handle go, my eyes going wide to see Jessie on the other side.

She gave me a half-hearted smile and a small wave, “may I come in, you can say no if you want.” She said quietly scanning the room for any other people.

“Yeah, sure.” I shifted to the end of the sofa making room for her as she shut the door.

“I'm sorry about just.” She said, walking over to me to sit down.

“I'm really sorry for last night.” I looked down at my hands, my veins raised into small lumps.

“I just thought starting a new school would leave all that stuff behind, but words spread faster than I thought.” She shrugged slightly to herself, “so I guess you heard something you didn't like” She murmured looking at me.

“You can only imagine.” I sighed leaning back against the sofa, “so I guess you may as well tell me the whole story, seen as we're both here.” I looked back over to her.

“The only part that isn't true, is the leading on part.” She said slowly keeping her eyes on my face, as I nodded thoughtfully.

“So you like girls?” I asked bluntly, causing her to look down.

“I'm not the only one in this whole entire school who is gay, you know.” She defended herself when she heard the tone in my voice, her eyes narrowing slightly into a frown as she looked at me.

“I never said that.”

“I know for a fact that you're hiding it from yourself and your friends.” She stated hitting bulls eye, causing my jaw to tense tightly.