Resolution |7| (girlxgirl)

VII.

I heard my dorm door open quietly as my heart started to pound in my ears, my eyes wide open waiting for the intruder to come into my room as I stayed still as stone. I heard the bed room door open, a small crack of light cast along my body as the foot steps came towards the bed. I shut my eyes tightly as they lay down next to me, praying it was someone I knew.

“Why didn't you come back?” Alice's voice said into the darkness as I let out a gust of air I didn't know I was holding in.

“I hate you sometimes.” I said curtly keeping my back to her, not wanting to look at her, trying to forget the words earlier said.

“What I do?” Her voice defensive as she draped her arm over my waist pulling me closer against her.

“Friends don't do these things.” I grabbed her arm removing it from my waist as I moved away from her, knowing I hurt her as guilt started to set in.

“Ouch.” She said getting up from the bed and leaving without a goodbye as I lay there waiting to hear the door shut behind her.

“Hi.” Anna greeted me as I sat down at the table feeling like hell.

“Hi, where's Alice?” I asked looking around the cafeteria, my stomach feeling nauseous when I couldn't see her anywhere.

“I haven' seen her, maybe she's still asleep.” She shrugged unmoved.

“I'm going to check on her.” I said getting back up from the table

“Tell her they have her favourite breakfast.” Anna called after me.

I walked quietly to her room, my stomach feeling empty as I knocked on the door, standing there waiting for her to open it. I pushed the door open slowly peering my head inside, searching the room for her, frowning when she wasn't in sight.

“Alice.” I called into the empty space as I walked in shutting the door behind me. I made my way to her bedroom, opening the door to see the bed made and untouched.

“Hey, where you going?” I heard Jessie ask as I walked out the room pulling the door shut.

“Look for Alice, have you seen her this morning?” I felt myself becoming frantic .

“No, I didn't see her last night either.” She said giving me a confused look, “why you looking for her?”

“I have to make something up to her.” I openly admitted.

“Well, want help looking for her.” She offered, a warm smile on her face.

“So where do you think she'll be?” Jessie asked after we looked all over the school grounds, my legs starting to feel tired hoping we find her soon.