Resolution |13| (girlxgirl)

XIII.

VII . Ice fishing (26th December)

“This is boring.” Alice moaned as she stood up, walking away off towards the snowy bank.

“I thought you said you'll do my list with me.” I called after her, as she just put her hand up.

“I did not sign up for fishing.” She yelled back at me as she turned around to look at me.

I got up walking towards her thinking about how much I wanted to hit her right now. I felt the ice beneath me crack as I stood still trying not to breathe, my heart racing in my chest. I looked down seeing the cracks spread around my feet as I kept them spread. A line connecting to one another, I looked over at Alice confusion written across her face as to why I stopped walking.

“Al.” I called trying to keep calm, trying not to move.

“What are you doing?”

“Al.”

“Stop saying my damn name.” She snapped, over the sound of the ice crunching slowly beneath me as I waited for it to give way, bubbles under the water becoming clear through the thin sheet of ice.

“The ice is cracking.” I breathed taking one last look at her before it gave way.

“Kate!” I heard her scream.

I felt my breath go as the shock of the ice water hit me, my arms and legs becoming numb as I tried swimming up towards the hole I fell through. I heard shallow thuds above the surface in a perfect rhythm tapping along as they became louder the closer they came. I felt something tugging on my jacket pulling me away from where I was.

“Oh my god, you okay?” Alice panicked dragging me out the water, my skin stinging as the cold wind blew on it.

I felt her take my jacket off throwing it away from me as she pulled my top over my head, she took her hoodie off pulling it over my body as she picked me up off the ground carrying me.

I sat up in bed seeing Alice standing at the dressing draws looking at something with a smile on her face, I covered my mouth as I let out a yawn causing her to turn around dropping whatever was in her hand back on the top surface.

“Morning.” She smiled as she walked over, sitting down on the edge of the bed next to me.

“What's the date?” I asked losing complete track of time, from falling asleep.

“Twenty-ninth.” She said slowly, looking up at me.

“Shit, I missed three days.” I said frustrated as I bite the quilt.