009

Dawna: 18
Pixie: 15

No one ever told me that grief felt so like pain - C.S. Lewis

A dying pain shot through the now eighteen-year old Princes. The second wave hurt just as much as the first.

'Auntie!' her panicked voice called out for the only woman who could truly help her. 'Auntie!'

Her aunt Delphinium entered her bedroom with a worried look on her spotless face. 'Darling, what is going on?'

Dawna gasped once again for air and placed her hands on her rather big tummy.

'It hurts,' her voice whispered. 'I am having these attacks.'

A pair of amber eyes looked suspiciously at the younger woman before she nodded her head. 'Darling, I think that you are going into labour.'

'What?' the pale girl snapped. 'I cannot be going into labour! Auntie, I am not due to a few weeks. My baby cannot be born, not yet.'

Delphi tried to calm her worried niece ever so desperately but did not succeed. 'Darling, it is not up to you; if your darling baby decides that it is time then it is time. Now, we have to keep thinking straight. Do you want me to get the nurses or would you rather go to the hospital?'

'Bring the nurses,' the young woman answered as a loud scream left her lips. 'And bring me my husband auntie.'

The pair had been married for a little under a year now and to say that everything had changed was a huge understatement. Rafferty no longer treated her like a Princes but as his property. The young woman was not to leave the castle unless he knew exactly where she was going and with whom.

Her pregnancy was his idea and his idea alone. He wanted to have children, claiming that he was not getting any younger. The man had a desire to raise a family of at least ten children and the young woman had no choice in the matter.

Even her own father did not support her but him. The only person who truly supported her was her dear auntie, but she could only do so little. Even the future Queen and the first hand of the King could not stand a chance against the King and the man who would follow in his footsteps.

At eighteen-years old Dawna had completely lost all control over her life. She was merely a puppet in the life of many men.

Soon, Rafferty had entered the room with an expression that matched hers.

'What is going on? I heard that you are going into labour but that cannot be true,' he asked her with a worried look on his perfect face.

Dawna absolutely despised this side of him; he only ever cared about their unborn child. Right after the pale Princes had told her husband that she was with babe he had started to care about her the way a good husband should. Yet, he forced the maids to do most of his work; simply stating that he was too busy.

'Where is my auntie?' the girl with the hair like snow asked. 'Where is she?'

'I am here, darling, I am here.'

The pain once again crept through her veins and filled her entire being. Something was not right; the young woman could feel it in her bones.

Looky sat next to her, trying to take away her pain as much as he could. However, it was no use. The pain kept coming back and it came back stronger every time. Her entire world started to spin as her blue eyes vaguely noticed the midwifes had entered the room.

Everyone was there to help her get through this labour, yet the young Princes had never felt so alone. Her mother, father and brother should have been there to support her. They should have loved them enough to at least stay for this long.