022

Pixie: 21
Dawna:24

This is how you remind me of what I really am
How you remind me; Nickelback

The dotted woman was walking through the garden with her son sleeping peacefully in her arms. Dawna was in a meeting which gave her some time to do some discovering on her own. Together with her new-born she had wandered the halls of the first and second floor and ended up walking through the gorgeous, colourful garden until she ended up on a bare piece of the garden. It was an open field, with a few on the castle and on the large walls that kept the palace safe from intruders. Around it grew beautiful flowers, but in the middle was a little brown spot that mismatched with the rest of the garden. Seeing this one spot made her stomach-ache in a weird way as loud screams filled her ears. Screams that were screamed a long time ago. Without wanting to she could see a little boy lying on the grass with an arrow sticking out of it and a red fluid covering the ground around it.

'This is where Prince Damien died,' a cold voice spoke, causing the dotted woman to startle.

'Lady Delphinium,' the raven-haired woman greeted the royal before bowing slightly. 'I'm sorry, I didn't see you there.'

'Do not worry about it, I scared you,' the honey blonde spoke before her eyes drifted off to the bare spot on the ground. 'My nephew died right there on a horrible night. I am sure you know the stories and I am positive that Dawna has told you the right one. A horrible and vicious beast lured Damien and Dawna outside and ended up betraying them. It cost my little boy his life and Dawna her soul. She has never been herself ever since that night.'

The royal stopped talking before looking back to the dotted woman. 'Now who would do such a horrible thing, I wonder?'

Pixie could feel a shiver going down her spine as goose bumps appeared on her dotted skin. The look in Delphi's eyes said more than words ever could and somehow the youngest woman knew that the oldest woman was aware of her background.

'Let us cut to the case, shall we?' the amber-eyed woman suggested. 'I know who you father was and I know all about your little hobby. Dawna might be too blind to see who you really are, that does not mean that I share her stupidity. You are playing a very dangerous game here, young lady. Playing with my nieces heart is dumb, but even dumber when you intend to break it. Dawna is many things, but a sympathizing human being is not one of them.'

The colour had left her cheeks as a dizzy feeling pulled through her bloodstream. If her aunt had figured it out, then so would Dawna. It was only a matter of time.

'Are you going to tell her?'

'Who? My lovely niece? No, of course not child. If I tell her she will never believe me. Dawna always believes that she is the most powerful being in this realm, and so did I until I met you. Your Queen might have the power to defeat anyone, but a heartbreak could really do her harm. I cannot have that I will not stand it. So, I am offering you a chance to turn it all around. Stop doing whatever it is that you are doing and be fateful to your Queen or die. I do not care about your son nor your family. If you mess with mine you will have to pay the ultimate price.'

'Dawna won't let you kill me,' the dotted woman spoke proudly, knowing damn well that her Queen had a soft spot for her. 'She just won't.'

A laugh left the oldest womans lips while she shook her slim head slowly. 'If you truly believe that then it is too late for you, my child. My niece has never cared about another human being, despite of course her brother and me, and she will not spare you. An eye for an eye, right? So, if you break her heart, she will break every bone in your body while smiling. She has done it to your father, and she will do it to you.'

Pixie tried to swallow the piece of coal that had formed itself in her throat but failed miserably. Fear ran through her body as her hands held on to her little boy tighter. This could not be happening. She had always been extra careful when she left the castle or when she sent a letter. It was merely impossible for the royal to know the truth.

'Listen very closely, I know that you are a smart young Lady so I will offer you the deal again. Leave the resistance, give Dawna some important names and leave it all behind you. Or die, because I will not spare your miserable body. My niece is very important to me and you mean absolutely nothing to me. So, make a very wise decision and choose before your sons birthday party or his gift from me will be to watch his mother die. Are we clear?'

For a minute Pixie felt nailed to the ground as she watched the stern look in the other womans amber eyes. She was too dizzy to react probably and nodded very slowly eventually.

'Yes, were clear,' her voice almost whispered.

'Good girl,' the royal spoke before swinging her honey blonde hair over her shoulder and walking away, leaving a very scared and confused woman behind.

All Pixie could do was wonder how on earth Delphinium had found out about her double agenda. The weight of her secrets was becoming almost unbearable for the dotted woman and she knew that it would not take too long before she would collapse underneath the heaviness.

Over the weeks this guilt feeling had grown. Pixie had started to care about her pale Queen who turned out to be quite nice. Dawna had her bad sides too, obviously. Yet, the dotted woman could not help but to care for her. This only made it harder for her to continue the betrayal but stopping was no option knowing that the resistance would try to assassinate their Queen immediately. The only reason why there had not been any attacks was because of the raven-haired woman who had personally made sure that no one would ever try to do something that reckless again. She wanted the royals to be kicked off their throne, not to die.

However, lately the dotted woman was wondering if the game she was playing would have an even worse ending that any assassination could have. If Dawna really started to care about her the truth would break her heart. Chances were that their powerful Queen would be heartbroken, and Pixie knew that Dawna always took her anger out on her citizens. The game the raven-haired mother was playing was far more dangerous then she could have ever imagined, and it would end very soon.

Whether she liked it or not.