032

Dawna: 24
Pixie: 21

A broken heart is all that's left
I'm still fixing all the cracks
Duncan Laurence; Arcade

A deep sign left her lips as her bright blue eyes noticed the other woman's appearance. The dotted woman had been walking around the castle in silence and in an attempt to blend in with the rest as much as possible. She was obviously trying to avoid her Queen since their conversation the other day, but the two seemed to be drawn towards each other like magnets. Everywhere Dawna went was Pixie, and vice versa. It was annoying and confronting, to say at least.

'Your majesty!' a manly voice called the pale woman, causing her to look up from her map. She would meet with a very important counsellor from another realm. All the pale woman had to do now was to find out where the realm was.

'Your majesty, I have a message from Lady Delphinium. She insists your presence this instance.'

'She does now?' the white-haired woman spoke. 'Why should I care about what she wants? I am quite busy right now so please, go bore someone else with your messages.'

'But, my Queen, Lady Delphi-.'

'What about her?' the pale woman interrupted him rather rudely. 'I have no intend on meeting with her whenever she wishes to. If something requires my immediate attention, then she can come to tell me about it herself. We are old enough not to send some messenger to do our bidding. Besides, she cannot command me to do anything, I am her Queen.'

'Sounds like you have problems that you're rejection on someone else,' another voice spoke, saving the sweating guard from his angry Queen.

Pixie came walking towards the two with little Loöys in her arms. His bright orange eyes were looking to his mother with a questionable look while he was playing with her short raven-hair.

A deep sign left her plump lips as she noticed the two walking towards her. 'What are you doing here? Our conversation yesterday was not an invitation for more contact between the two of us.'

'I'm not here to talk to you, your majesty. Lady Delphinium has asked me to come to her office as well, so I was coming to see if you were heading that way too, until I heard you grumbling to this poor guard here. The man is absolutely terrified.'

'The only one that should be terrified is you.'

Pixie seemed to be hurt by those words, but only for a brief moment. 'Fine, no more small talk. Are you coming or what?'

A pair of blue eyes rolled before the pale woman hoisted herself from the comfortable sofa. 'Fine, but do not speak to me. Not a word, understood?'

'Don't worry, my Queen, you have my word on that one.'

The pale woman licked her lips before she walked towards the doors again. 'Your words are not worth a thing these days, so do not mind giving it to me but spare if for those foolish enough to believe you.'

The younger woman had no comeback and walked in silence behind her Queen. Pixie was acting like the victim by then, something that absolutely blew the pale womans mind. She was the one that had been betrayed, not the dotted woman. She had been the one whose heart had been smashed and whose trust had been broken. Not the other woman.

Yet, Pixie almost made it seem as if she was the victim. With or without her fully realising it.

The two reached the office soon. Dawna entered without doing so much as knocking and sat down immediately, waiting for the other woman to do the same.

'You have got us, auntie, so share your super important information with us so we can continue with our jobs. I have more to do, you know.'

'Glad to see that the both of you could make it on such a short notice. Doubtfully you had something better to do, what I am about to tell you is far more important than your so-called jobs.

'Why am I here?' the dotted woman asked with a slight tremble in her voice.

'That is exactly what I am wondering, auntie dear. First, you try to do everything you can to kill this woman and now you are including her in our private conversation. What is next? Building a castle for her and crowing her to be Queen as well?'

Truth been told, the pale woman was not ready to face Pixie just yet. After their conversation the other day Dawna had tried to avoid her as much as possible. The betrayal and hurt were just too fresh and the pale woman was not ready to face her emotions yet.

Her aunt, on the other hand, seemed more then fine with forcing the two to sit next to each other.

'I have some news,' the oldest woman in the room spoke. 'It concerns only you, Dawna, but I know how much Lady Pixie here has supported you in the past.'

'You mean before, during or after she decided to betray me?'

The dotted woman turned to look at her, causing her heart to ache. Pixie had the most beautiful, ordinary eyes the pale woman had ever seen and even though her heart had been absolutely crushed by her deeds she still could not stop her heart from longing for just one touch or just one word from the dotted woman.

It almost seemed impossible for an ordinary human like Pixie to do such thing; yet she had done it without even trying.

'Can we please just listen to what Lady Delphinium has to say?' the raven-haired woman suggested. 'Or would you rather sneer at me a little longer?'

'I prefer the latter, but I am sort of forced to choose the first. So, pray tell auntie, what kind of news do you have that could possibly demand my immediate attention?'

'It is about your mother,' the honey blonde spoke. 'Turns out she is not as dead as we thought she was.'

'Wait, what?' the pale woman spoke while frowning deeply. 'What are you talking about, auntie? My mother is dead. She died years ago; father always told us that she was gone.'

'Turns out she is just that: gone. I have found evidence of her being very much alive.'

'That is not possible,' the white-haired woman spoke.

Her mind was spinning as her heart was beating faster and faster. How was this possible? Her father had always made her believe that her mother was gone. She could not be alive, she just could not.

What mother would leave her child alone in such horrible world? Surely, her mother would never do such thing to her.

'What if it is?' the dotted woman suddenly spoke, locking their eyes again. 'It would make sense since I haven't seen her wandering the castle at all. Firstly, I thought that she had simply moved on but what if she hasn't? What if your mothers spirt isn't here because she isn't dead?'

'This is not possible,' the pale woman spoke again. 'Why are you telling us this now, auntie?'

'Because we may have been able to locate her,' the woman spoke. 'She is not here but in another realm. That is why I need you to go find her.'

'Sorry, come again?'

'I need you to find your mother, Dawna. She might be in terrible danger every day we wait can be one too many. You must go and find her, this instance.'