019

Dawna: 23
Pixie: 21

If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance - George Benard Shaw

The pale Queen was bored out of her mind. With at least four-time consuming meetings a day, a cry baby living next to her bedroom and a crown on her head whose weight got heavier with everyday her mind was stressed and absolutely bored. None of the nobles mattered to her and none of them seemed to be able to hold her interest for longer than a few minutes, yet she was forced to listen to their boring words.

Her Queendom was suffering because of the failed harvest. Children were hungry, elderly were dying and none of it mattered to the pale woman. All she cared about was the smaller, dotted woman and her adorable child that walked around the castle freely. For someone who had managed to shut most people out for her entire live she could not help but to grow closer to the other woman. Dawna would never admit it out loud, but she adored the two.

'Was that all for today?' the young Queen asked while the nobles bowed to her. 'Great, I will make sure to reach out to you soon. Have a very lovely evening and thank you for your services.'

The men walked out, leaving the pale woman alone again. A deep sigh left her lips as her ears caught the sound of a door opening nearby. It was probably one of the men again, most likely the one that had been sitting next to her during the meeting. He had been drooling over the white-haired woman and had given her complements that were unsuitable for the situation.

'What do you want?' her voice asked rather harshly. A soft giggle filled the room, causing her blue eyes to look up in surprise to find Pixie standing in the door opening with a frown on her forehead.

'Rough day?' she asked while slowly coming closer. 'Let me guess, the nobles were boring, their topics were boring, and you are too bored to talk about another failed harvest. Am I right?'

'How do you always get it right?' the white-haired woman laughed. 'Yes, I am bored out of my mind and I would really, really like a drink. Will you fetch me one?'

'What am I, your dog?'

'More like an auxiliary.'

The dotted woman could not stop a laugh from leaving her lips while she climbed on the Queens desk.' Well, as your assistant its my solemn duty to help you relax after a stressful day. Therefore, we should head out.'

'Are we going somewhere? Where are you taking me?'

'You'll see.'

A frown appeared on Dawnas head as she looked at the other woman with question in her eyes. 'I am not coming with you to a place unknown. Perhaps you do not know me as well as you think you do.'

'Do you trust me?' Pixie suddenly asked, causing the other woman to be caught off her guard. 'Well, do you?'

A short silence fell. Their eyes stayed locked firmly before the woman with the blue eyes broke the contact. 'I might,' her voice whispered. 'And I might not. Now tell me, where are we going.'

The dotted woman hoisted her body off the desk before walking to the door. 'I guess it's up to you whether or not you want to find out where Im going. The carriage leaves in ten minutes, so either come with me and find out where I'm taking you or stay here and forever wonder where I was going to take you. The choice is yours, Madame Queen.'

Dawna decided to trust the other woman and ended up arriving just in time for the carriage to leave. She had changed and was wearing a shorter dress with a long coat wrapped around her shoulders. The pale Queen was completely dressed in black; even her crown was black.