Prologue.

(Please keep in mind I wrote this when I was 10-11 years old. It will not be good! Please do not expect something amazing out of this as I had no plan and it ends quite abruptly. Be kind with criticism and keep in mind how young I was!)

There you were.

Standing just beside the bus stop, you contemplate whether your parents made the right decision.

You had always been an introverted kid. That's all you've ever been. In a heartbeat, you'd choose staying inside over a fun day in the sun.

That's just how you were.

That's how it would've been, if it weren't for your parents.

You were having dinner when they brought up this random summer camp - 'Camp Campbell'. They insisted that it would a fun and refreshing experience that would lighten your spirits when it came to the outdoors.

You couldn't really argue with them. That wouldn't get you anywhere.

So, here you were, about to go on a journey that would take you to some random camp that you'd have to stay at for the entire summer.

What fun.

Buzz!

You heard your phone beeping from inside the top pocket of your bag and, since it didn't seem like the bus would be there for a short while, decided to see what the notification said.

Typing in your passcode and pressing the small 'messages' icon, you noticed a small notification from none other than your mother - the one who talked you into this whole mess.

'You have everything, right?'
Ugh.
Typing back the most deadpan response you could, you grunt.
'Yes. Obviously.'
In less than a minute, she had written a reply.
'I was just double checking. Have a great summer, honey!'

..You decided not to reply. You were still mad at her for making you go through with this.

However, something grabs your attention.
A small conversation from at least a week ago - one that you clearly didn't remember. It went something like this;

It started off with your mother beginning the conversation.
'Y/n, come downstairs, will you? Your father and I want to talk to you about the camp. It's honestly not that bad!'

You replied with:
"I don't want to go to camp! I don't care what you tell me, you won't change my mind!'

After a moment, she wrote her next message:
'Honey, please. If it makes you feel better, we can make it so you only stay for this summer and you don't have to go again next summer.'

Furious, you reply with:
'Why can't you just not make me go?'

And she says:
'Because we've already signed you up, darling!'

There was silence for a little bit.

'..If I agree, you won't send me back there ever again?'

'If that's what it takes for you to go, then yes. I promise not to sign you up for Camp Campbell ever again.'

And then the conversation ended.
So it was clear.
You'd only have to endure one summer before you could put Camp Campbell behind you forever.

Beep beep!

Looking up from your phone, you notice a large, sketchy vehicle outside of your driveway.
The bus was here.
The doors open and, despite not wanting to, you step onto the bus and weakly wave at the driver.

"Find a seat, child." He said, with a somewhat western accent you'd only hear in someone older than your grandparents.

You didn't reply and hesitated before attempting to find a seat.
They were all empty.
Not one seat was occupied.

"Am I..the first one on the bus?" You question, and you turn your body back to the driver.

"You're the only one on the bus and it'll stay that way. You're he only damn kid that was signed up this year other than the norm."

Oh. That's not the best.

You take that as your queue to sit down and just like that, the bus began to drive.

And you found yourself daydreaming after a considerable amount of time.

Eventually, everything went black.

And you drifted off into sleep.