Chapter 12

Wait..

..What?!

Am I reading this correctly?

They're making us, as in Harrison and I, rehearse a kiss scene in front of a whole audience?!

No. Way.

You didn't know what to say.

"I—" Before you can even murmur any words, David waves and begins to continue assigning the papers.

"Great! Remember to rehearse your lines, because the play is tonight! Thanks a bunch, Y/n!"

Before you knew it, he was gone.

"You alright, Y/n?" You feel the tap of Neil's hand on your shoulder.

"Do I look alright, Neil?!" You say, squeezing your paper as you give him a ferocious scowl.

He laughs nervously and backs away slightly.

"Okay, maybe that wasn't the best question to ask. Umm, what I meant to say was—Uhh..you know what? Never mind. It's not worth it."

You sigh, and turn towards Harrison - who was now walking towards you.

"S-So, uhh..Y/n.." He says, his eyes still fixated on the ground.

"Not right now, Harrison. I'm 'rehearsing my lines'."

"But we're supposed to rehearse together—"

"Go."

You, obviously furious out of your mind, give him a menacing glare. He gulps, and backs away.

"Jesus Christ, Y/n. You're terrifying when you're angry." Neil says, still keeping a distance.

"What's all this about?"

Suddenly, the voice of Max makes you turn around.

There he was, with a mug of what seemed to be coffee in his hand. Immediately, you begin to panic - if you told Max, you would get so embarrassed! You didn't want him knowing you'd have to be in a kiss scene! Ugh-

Neil takes charge and begins to answer Max's question.

"Well, Max, Y/n's just mad about having to rehearse a—"

"—..death scene! Yeah, a death scene!  I'm so angry about having to fake my death in front of everyone here! Hehe.." Swiftly, you cover Neil's mouth as you quickly think of an excuse.

"..that's a little bit stupid, isn't it? Don't get so worked up, Y/n." Max says, shrugging his shoulders.

Phew, he believed me.

Suddenly, Neil raises his hand again.

"W-well, actually—"

"Oh, gosh! You have so many lines to rehearse! You should go and start right away if you want to be able to remember them!" Practically sweating, you give Neil a fake and exaggerated smile.

"..Okay..?" Neil takes another look at his paper and begins walking away, which makes you turn towards Max.

He gives you a confused look as he raises one eyebrow.

"What're you so nervous about? I mean-I know you told me about the play, but it seems like...you're..hiding something."

"Me? Hiding? What? Haha—no! Never! I'm gonna go rehearse my lines now byeeeee!"

Then, you skipped away, leaving Max standing there with a confused glare.

You're so great at lying, Y/n. He's gonna catch on any minute now.

Finding a secluded spot in the woods, you read over your lines with hesitation.