Chapter 20

"Neil, are you sure I should be the one driving?" You say, gripping the steering wheel.

"None of us know how to drive - either way, it'll be the same scenario. Now start driving, will you? I can see David and Gwen at the stage already!"

Neil's remark makes you turn to your left.

"Wait, wHaT?-"

"Step on it!"

Vroom!

And just like that, you were on the road. You were already shaking - you had no idea how to drive, and here you were - on the wrong lane, swirling like there's no tomorrow. In an attempt to gain more control, you tighten your grip on the steering wheel.

And the car stopped swerving.

"Wow, Y/n! You can actually drive!" Nikki, who was in the passengers seat, stares at you with a cheery grin that you could only just see through your peripheral vision.

"That's only because there's no cars near us right now. Otherwise, we'd be in big trouble." You say, slightly joking. It was obvious that you still had no idea how to drive, but you were going forward - and that was all that mattered.

After a minute or two of silence, Nikki clears her throat.

"Radio, anyone?" She says, just as she flicked it on. It took a moment, but when the song came on, the car was enveloped in calmness.

But there was something about this song that made you excited.

It was your favourite song of all time - the one that you un-ironically sung in your tent a few days ago. 

You wanted so badly to sing along - but your stage fright forbid you from doing so.

So, instead, you began to hum along to the rhythm - your eyes still on the road.

By now, you've all been sitting in the car for about 10-to-15 minutes. There was nothing in your way - other than a few trees, which you were able to pass with just a small turn. Everything seemed to be going well. Too well.

"How long is this damn road?" You say, slightly annoyed.

"Not sure. We've only been to town once before - and even then, the drive there took at least half an hour. So if we're gonna get a fair distance from camp, we'll—"

"TREE!—"

Crash!