Chapter 29

You hear a voice from the entrance of your tent and you turn your head slightly, expecting to see Gwen or David. The voice seemed almost unrecognisable - as if it were one you hadn't heard in a while. But when you turned to face none other than Harrison, your newfound calmness dissipated.
"H-Hey, Y/n.." He said, sheepishly. He didn't ask to walk in, but he slowly began to walk towards your bed.
You managed to blurt out a simple 'hi' before quickly shoving your sketchbook under your bedsheets.
"I..heard about what happened to you. I wanted to come in and check on you."
The awkwardness from the play was still there - as you clearly hadn't forgotten it. However, it seemed as though he had thought you did. He rubbed the back of his neck as you gave him a pitiful smile.
"Y-You know, I was gonna head down to the lake later..if you wanted to come."
No. I do not want to come.
"Sounds good, but..I don't think I'd be able to swim with my bad leg. It's not broken or anything, but I've clearly done something bad to it."
He nodded and gave you a small chuckle.
"A-Ah, r-right. Yeah. Sorry. I should—I should leave..I, uhh..Nerris is waiting for me."
And just like that, he had fled the tent and left you in silence. However, this time, he did not close the tent entrance - which gave you a pretty clear view of the world outside. As sunlight seeped in, you caught a glimpse of the sun rising high over the trees.
It was still morning.
It was still morning, and Max hadn't come back.

~~~

Some time passed, and after flipping through your sketchbook for the millionth time, you decide that maybe it was time to actually do something. After all, it was immensely boring.
You sit up again, taking another glance at your leg as you did so.
The bandage seemed to have done something, even if it was small - because the blood had stopped seeping through. Sighing, you carefully lift your bad leg and let it hang over the side of your bed as you attempt to ease yourself and forget the pain. Because you had been laying there for so long, you had grown accustomed to the small space - and now that you were moving, the pins and needles began to start up. Carefully stepping onto the grown with a grunt, you stable yourself and take another look at the world outside.
You take the first step outside and quickly cover your eyes as the blinding sunlight, despite shining through your tent for the past half hour, gave you a surprise. As your eyes adjusted to the brightness, you get a clear view of the car park and the mess hall.

You begin walking down the dirt path and slightly glance at each tent as you limp past them. By now, you were beginning to get used to the sting of pain that rushed to your leg each time you took a step - which was good.

As you make your way towards the mess hall, you catch a glimpse of one of the grass patches on the ground. There, on that grass patch, lay a single blue flower - which seemed to be halfway through blooming. Seeing that flower made you think of Max.
And thinking of Max gave you a bunch of feelings.
The first thing you felt was joy. Thinking of him made you happy - and despite not knowing him for long, it felt like you had known him longer than you knew your parents. You'd definitely hug him once he came back.
But when would he come back?
That thought was what triggered the next emotion; loneliness. More importantly, fear. You had no idea how long Max would be gone. Even though you knew it probably wouldn't be for very much longer, you still had knots in your stomach just thinking about the fact that he was so far away. Especially after the recent events that had taken place.
Your next emotion was probably sadness, or longing. You missed him; and it felt like he was your only source of entertainment while you were at camp.

Hmm.
How long did you have left of camp?
You had been so distracted by other things that you hadn't even noticed how much time you had left.
You knew for sure you had been attending camp for at least a week.
But you had no idea how long you had left.

"Y/n!"
"Max?"