The Test

"Wooo!" Brendon shouts as he takes a shot, the liquid pours down his throat and he swallows it.

Today Brendon proposed to Tyler, they're getting married.

A group of their friends are all celebrating at a bar. One of those friends happens to be Tyler's ex boyfriend Joshua Dun.

They were dating ever since Junior High, Josh had plans with Tyler, they planned a future together.

They were the ones who should've been getting married...

They ended up breaking up because Tyler wanted to move to New Jersey so he did, he completely left Josh and met Brendon, the two fell in love and moved back to Tyler's hometown.

A/N I know Bren ain't from New Jersey

Tyler and all his friends met up with him, they loved Brendon right away, but of course, Josh didn't.

He does agree Brendon is a pretty good guy but he's jealous, jealous of Brendon.

Tyler and Josh decided to stay friends but there still is sometimes arguments about being together and Tyler moving on and leaving him.

At the moment they are all sat together celebrating, all of Tyler's friends drinking away.

"Oh my god dude, come on let's go dance!" Ryan Ross says while grabbing Tyler's hand and dragging him away, the others follow which leave Brendon and Josh.

"So, how long have you known him?" Josh asks while taking a sip of his beer, him and Brendon never got to know each other, this is Josh's moment to put Brendon to, the test.

"Five years," Brendon says while watching Tyler and his friends dance, big smiles on their faces.

"Mm, okay," Josh replies while taking another sip. He inhales deeply and then exhales.

"What about you, you two have known each other for a long time huh," Josh smirks and nods his head, he glances over at Tyler dancing.

"Known him since Third grade, we got together in the eighth grade," Josh says proudly.

"So you love Tyler huh?" Josh asks quietly but loud enough for Brendon to hear.

"Of course I do, that's why I'm marrying him, I love everything about him," Brendon says honestly while looking over at Josh, Josh looks back at him.

"Just, if he wants to move don't argue, move with him, even if you don't want too. You'll regret it once he's gone," Josh says sadly, he takes a big swig of his beer.

"O-Oh okay..." they once again go silent unroll Brendon breaks it with a sigh.

"You miss him don't you?" Brendon asks while looking back at his soon to be husband.

"Of course I do..." Josh mumbles while looking down.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened exactly?" Brendon asks, still not knowing the whole story.

"Well, him and I fell in love, or so I thought, he wanted to move away to New Jersey for a new start, he wasn't happy with his life here so he moved, I told him to stay, I told him everybody loves him, the fight got worse and we broke up, he moved to Jersey, we still kept in touch but it was weird at times, now you two are here and getting married," Josh explains to Brendon.

Brendon frowns and looks down at his feet. Poor Josh probably had a rough time dealing with his ex boyfriend leaving him.

"So yeah, if he wants to move... go with him, I regretted every moment of it, all those years alone, without him..." Josh's eyes tear up a bit but he sucks it up and shakes it off.

"O-Okay-"

"And he loves when you compliment him, Tyler never feels pretty, show him you do care, show him you him, tell him you love him," Josh cuts Brendon off.

"Make it as if he's the only boy in the world, he loves you, I can tell," Josh continues his speech.

"You know Josh, he still talks a lot about you," Brendon says while looking at Josh.

Josh can't help but blush a bit. Tyler still talks about him? The two have been through many fights and you'd never expect Tyler to still talk about Josh.

The two were in love, they really were but not all love stories end the same these days. They end with pain. Sadness. Not everything is a happy ending.

"Really?" Josh asks weakly, a small smile then forms on his face when Brendon nods his head.

"Honestly, I think he likes you more then he likes me," Brendon chuckles a bit.

"And... I love him I really do but... I'm not sure if I want to marry him anymore, I think I've fallen for someone else," Brendon whispers while looking over at the group of Tyler's friends.

"What?!"

"I know, but I can't do that to him, I want him to be happy, but then again, he'd be way happier with you Josh. When he talks about smiling, he brings up your smile and says you have an adorable smile, he loves the way you stick your tongue out a bit and how your eyes-" Josh starts smiling.

"Yes! Like that!" Brendon says while gesturing to the boys smile. Josh can't help but grin at the man.

"He loves it, he love your personality too, he told me you two went to a bar one night with a group of friends, someone hit on him and you got crazy protective, everyone had to be at least a foot away from him!" Brendon says in disbelief, using the time Tyler told him about as an example to his protectiveness.

"Tyler talks about you for hours, if I say anything he can link it to you, dog, Josh loves dogs! Grass, Josh and I use to lie in the grass and he tried to shove some in my mouth," Brendon explains.

"But I'm serious Josh... if you want him... you can have him, as much as I love him, I think I have my eyes on someone else..."

Josh is wondering if he can somehow smile even more. He's getting his boyfriend back.