A DREAM THAT NEVER WAS

Y/n's p.o.v
I felt like I was floating as I opened my eyes I saw darkness complete and utter darkness there was nothing expect me.
"Hello!"I said hoping that I would get a reply.
"Alucard!, Johnathan!, shisui!"i shouted hoping that any of them would answer me.
"Why didn't you save me"i heard someone whisper, I turned around to see a kid slightly shorter than me he wore a yellow sleeveless buttoned up shirt and some blue shorts he also wore a....straw hat which coverd his eyes.
"N-no not you again"i said as I backed away from fear.
"Why didn't you save me?"he asked while looking down which made me not see his face.
"I tried I swe-"I didn't get to finish as a hole appeard in the middle of his chest before looking me in the eyes he spoke up as blood leaked from the sides of his lips.
"This is all your fault"he said as I woke up from the nightmare.
I looked around the room before I looked at my own hands.
"it was just a dream"i said to myself as I got up from the bed and exited the room I walked to the railing and put my hands on it while looking at the ocean, the words that straw hat said kept repeating in my head, until I heard someone speak up.
"Do you have a trouble sleeping young man I turned to my right to see Garp who was standing with a bag of cookies in his hand.
"Y-yeah just had a nightmare and needed some fresh air"i said as he nodded before putting a cookie in his mouth.
"You know what I do when I have trouble sleeping"he said as I shook my head.
"Well first I go and ZZZZZZZ...."He stopped as he fell a sleep while standing!.
"Mr.garp"i asked as I snapped my fingers in front of his face he still didn't wake up.
"How the Fuck do you sleep while standing up?"I asked no one as he spoke up again.
"....i eat a cookie!"he finished as he eat another one.
Is he serious?!, I nodded and we both stayed silent for 2 minutes before he spoke up again.
"I forgot to thank you Y/n"he said out of the blue which made gain a confused expression on my face.
"Thank me?, for what?"I asked as he gained a sad smile on his face.
"Back then in the war you saved someone important to me...."he stopped, "...My grandson would've been killed if not for you and you friends".
"Grandson?"I asked as he nodded.
"Yes his name is fire fist ace"he said as my eyes widened at his declaration.
"WHAT?!"I shouted from the top of my lungs.
"Yup that's the reaction I expected"he said with a grin.
"W-wait your grandson is fire fist but how you're a marine and he's a pirate?"I asked he spoke up.
"Yes it's really sad but ace was not the only pirate..."he stopped before gaining a sad look on his face.
"he also had two other brothers One was called sabo he was a kind hearted kid and a trouble maker, but he died too early in his life, and the other brother is called luffy...."he stopped again as I looked at the ground it was my fault that straw hat died two years ago if I was fast eno-, I stopped as I heard Garp speak up.
"They weren't blood related to me aside from luffy but they were all my grandkids and I loved them deeply as family"he said with a pained expression on his face.
"I wanted them to become great marines to continue my legacy and protect the weak that's what I believed in...but they wanted to become pirates and even though sabo never made it and died young luffy, and ace fulfilled their and sabo's dream they became notorious pirates but they kept helping those who were In need, in the end it was a dream that never was meant to be"Garp finished as I felt sorry for him losing two people who you consider family must've hurt him a lot.
We both stayed silent for a while until I spoke up breaking the silence.
"I'm really sorry for your loss, if you want to blame someone blame me"i said as I looked at the ground.
"If I was fast enough that day I could've...."I didn't get to finish as Garp but his hand on my shoulder.
"It's not your fault no one could've predicted that luffy would jump to save ace what happend happend"he stated as I looked at him with a thankful look on my face I expected him to blame me or even insult me but not tell me that it wasn't my fault.
"T-thank you sir"i whisperd as he laughed before patting me on the back a little to hard which made my head collide with the railing of the ship.

Garp's p.o.v
"Hahahaha! No need to thank me Y/n"i laughed as I heard nothing I looked to where Y/n was to see that he wasn't there but he was actually passed out next to the railing.
"My bad kid looks like I used a little too much force there"i said while scratching the back of my head, I stood up and picked Y/n putting him on my shoulder as I walked towards his room.
This kid has a kind heart just luffy I wonder if fate will be on his side or not, that was my last thought as I continued heading towards his room.

A/n
So here it is tell me what did you think about this chapter was it good bad or a meh, and don't worry I'll be releasing a second one today so tune in for that and until next time.
PEACE OUT!