Where am I? | Prologue: Part 1

"Ugh...Where am I?"

A kid was laying down in the dirt, in the middle of nowhere. He sat up and looked around, seeing nothing but trees and dirt. He had no idea where he was.

"HEY!!"

The boy quickly turned around, hearing a voice, and saw who it was...

"Wha- What the hell?!" He quickly scooted away, confused and shocked by the strange creature he was seeing

"Oh boy, it's you Axel! I'm so glad to finally meet you!!" The strange creature said ecstatically.

"Wha- How do you know my name?! Did you kidnap me or something?"

"What? No, silly, I'm your friend, I wouldn't do that! Besides, you actually fell out of the sky." Axel got up, rubbing his head. "Ugh, that explains this headache..." He looked up, thinking to himself how that could even happen. He then looked back down, looking at his surroundings again. Something then suddenly clicked in his head.

"Wait a minute... I suddenly just remembered something. Before I got knocked out, I remember some strange electric light from my computer zapping me, and then I passed out." He looked down at ExTyrannomon. "Am I in some weird video game world or something?!" ExTyrannomon looks confused by this question, but quickly perks up. "No, buddy, you're in the Digital World! And I'm your partner, ExTyrannomon, it's so nice to finally meet you!" ExTyrannomon sticks his paw out to Axel, who has a bewildered look on his face. "Digital World, the hell?" He mutters under his breath.

ExTyrannomon slowly puts his paw down when he realizes Axel was rejecting him. "Oh, I guess you're not big on handshakes then..." ExTyrannomon looks down for a few seconds, then suddenly perks up. "Oh, I totally forgot!" Axel cocks his head at ExTyrannomon when he starts digging into his back, pulling out a strange device, and hands it to him.

 "Oh, I totally forgot!" Axel cocks his head at ExTyrannomon when he starts digging into his back, pulling out a strange device, and hands it to him

"This is for you! It's your Digivice, and it's proof of our friendship!" Axel grabs the Digivice from him and stares at the blank screen. A sudden bright light shoots out of it, and Axel looks away from the brightness, covering it with his arm. "Ow, jesus, does this thing have a brightness setting?!" He quickly chucks it into the dirt. "This is a waste of time, I need to find my way home..." Axel quietly muttered under his breath, walking away.