No good at goodbyes | Chapter 14

(This is kind've a boring chapter where they just say goodbye to their parents, so this one can be skipped if you'd like. I just wrote it to show more of the connection between the kids and their parents.)

The kids now had the teleporter cube so they could finally travel to the Digital World, and finally put a stop to this mess once and for all. Cora kept the cube safe in her room, and they all planned to call her once they told their parents all about the Digimon and everything else, and they would all finally depart on their adventure as soon as possible. All the kids knew it was going to be tough telling their parents. How would they feel if their kids suddenly told them they had to go to another world full of dangerous creatures to save their world?

Well, they had to convince their parents to let them go, whether they liked it or not.

Now, Taeka, Lily, Lopmon, and Dracomon all sat in Taeka's room. They all had their stuff ready and packed up in their closets, but they were still trying to figure out how to break the News to their parents.

"You're the older one here Taeka, so I think you should tell them!" Lily says.

"Agh, I guess so..." Taeka mumbles. "Man, I hate being the responsible one..."

"How about I jump out and surprise them? I'm sure they'll get a kick outta that!" Dracomon says.

"I don't think that's a good idea, unless you wanna give their parents a heart attack..." Lopmon says.

"Aw, alright..." Everyone sits with their arms crossed in silence, trying to think...

"Taeka, honey! Could you please come down here?" Their mom suddenly calls from downstairs, and her voice sounded more stern and serious then usual.

"Stay here guys, I'll be right back..." Taeka leaves the room, walking down the stairs and into the living room. There, her mom was standing next to the couch with her arms crossed...

And Taeka almost froze when she saw what was on the TV. Her mom had a recording of the News paused, and it showed a picture of Wingdramon, with Taeka shown visibly riding on his back. Taeka knew that Cora saw them both on the News during the MetalGreymon fight, but she really didn't think much of it at the time.

"Taeka, can you please tell me why I see a giant dragon on the News... That it looks like you're riding on?" Her voice sounded quiet, but also stern and angry.

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMmmmmmm....

Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhh..." Taeka stutters, having no idea what to say.

"Ow! You're stepping on my ear!" Taeka hears Lopmon mutter around the corner.

"I'll get off when you stop stepping on my tail!" Dracomon mutters back. Her mom heard the two of them and looked over curiously, while Taeka smiled nervously.

"Come on guys, knock it off!" Lily mumbles to them. Taeka hears the three of them mumble and argue with eachother until Lopmon and Dracomon suddenly fall down the stairs and crash into the floor, Lily walking down to make sure they're ok.

"Wha- What the?!" Their mom's eyes widen in horror seeing the Digimon for the first time.

"Owww, hey..." Dracomon grumbles, standing up. He freezes when he sees their moms reaction. "...Oops."

"Well, if you've already seen us..." Lopmon says, getting up. "Then we might as well introduce ourselves. Hi, my name is Lopmon. I'm a Digimon, and I'm Lily's partner." Lopmon bows, speaking very politely.

"And my name is Dracomon! I'm Taeka's partner Digimon!"

"Wha...What?!" Their mom's eyes widened in horror and confusion. "Y-you too, Lily?"