Creatures of the night: Cora meets BlackGabumon | Chapter 5

(Art is NOT mine, made by BarghestBlack on Tumblr)

Later that night...

It was the middle of the night, and a young girl named Cora had her head under the bed covers, trying to fall asleep. The only source of light was from the soft moonlight shining through a sliding glass door that led to a backyard. Cora pushed a pillow over her head, as the wind outside seemed to be howling a little loudly.

Scrrch...Scrtch...

Cora started to hear a soft scratching noise. She peeked out from the covers, trying to find the source of the odd noise, but saw nothing.

She could've sworn she saw her glass door slightly open.

She simply brushed it off, covering herself with the sheets again.

After a minute or so, she heard the scratching noise again.

Scrrrch...SCCRRtch...

Cora was starting to get worried. Did someone break into her house?! She sat up, annoyed and also worried, looking around the room.

Suddenly her eyes landed on a big shape in the ceiling corner. She calmed down, assuming it was just a big bug that crawled into her room. She reached to her desk lamp, switching it on and revealing the Digimon.

 She reached to her desk lamp, switching it on and revealing the Digimon

"Whoa! I've never seen a bug like that before..." Cora admires the odd Digimon. "That's so cool..." She gets out of bed, slowly walking towards the Digimon. When she got closer, she seemed to notice that the little Digimon was shaking slightly, its claws twitching and scratching the walls.

'Aw, poor thing must be scared...' Cora thought. 'Probably came in here to hide...'

"It's ok, little guy, I'm not gonna hurt you..." Cora says softly, slowly reaching a hand to the Digimon. The Digimon stops shaking, looking curiously at Cora. After a moment, the Digimon slowly starts to crawl towards Cora's arm.

"That's right, there you go..." Cora reaches another arm out, the Digimon crawling into her hands. She slowly leans down, sitting on the floor, while the Digimon stares at her curiously, seeming to calm down.

"See? You're safe here, nobody's gonna hurt you..." Cora comforts, wrapping her arms gently around the Digimon, closing her eyes. The Digimon leans into her embrace comfortably.

A warm light suddenly starts to form around the Digimon. After some time, the light fades away, and the Digimon in Cora's embrace suddenly felt bigger...And softer.

She opened her eyes.