Hide your Digimon! | Chapter 6

"You want me to hide up there?" Dracomon points to a window at the top of the house, in their backyard.

"Yeah! The attics the perfect spot to hide in, its super old and gross so nobody ever goes up there!" Taeka says cheerfully, grabbing a ladder against the side of the house.

"I hope it doesn't have squirrels up there..." Dracomon says.

"Nah, there's no squirrels up there! But there might be spiders up there, maybe even some mice..."

"What?!"

"Oh come on, it'll be fine!" Taeka starts climbing up the ladder. "It'll be much better then sleeping in trees..."

"I hope so..." Dracomon says, following Taeka up the ladder. Taeka jams the window open easily, crawling into the attic, Dracomon following short after.

The attic was very dusty, and had big spider webs all over the place. The two starting coughing from all the dust in the air. The area was also very small, and was filled withh many cardboard boxes.

"EWWW why is this place so dirty?!" Dracomon covers his snout in disgust. "Sorry, my parents haven't cleaned up here in forever..." Taeka wipes some spider web off that caught to her jacket sleeve. "I mean hey, it's better then sleeping in trees, right?"

"Uhh, I don't know..." Dracomon looks around the area, unsure.

"Oh come on, it's now that bad!" Taeka convinces, coughing from the dust. "At least we'll be together now, and- Oh, look!" Taeka walks over to a a trap door across the room, and pulls it open, revealing a hallway. "This door leads to the hallway my room is in, so we'll basically be just like roommates!" Taeka sits on the edge of the doorway, ready to jump down. "Here, I'll get you some stuff to make this more comfortable!" Taeka hops into the hallway, quickly running somewhere else. After a moment, she comes back with a blanket, a pillow, and two bowls of food and water. Dracomon helps Taeka move the stuff up there.

"And don't worry, I can sneak up here whenever everyone's either sleeping or out of the house, and give you food anytime!" Taeka says cheerfully.

Dracomon takes a bite of food, cheering up a little. "Alright, I guess this isn't so bad..." Dracomon looks at the open trap door, thinking. "I got one question though..."

"Yeah?"

"If nobody's home right now, then why did we go through the window?"

"........."

Meanwhile, with Cora...

"Sweetie, are you sure you didn't hear anything last night?" Cora's mom asks her worriedly.

"Yes, I swear I didn't hear anything! I slept just fine..." Cora says.

"There's sharp blades sticking out of the fence, and a large dent wound in the walls outside, and you're seriously telling me you heard nothing?!" Cora's mom says even more worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm serious!" Cora tries to convince. "Those dents must be from the wind last night, I mean the wind was pretty strong last night!" Cora looks out her glass door. "The wind must've also blown those blades over here from house as well..."

"Oh, come on Cora, that seriously does'nt make any-"

"Honey, leave her alone already!" Cora's grandma calls from another room. "If she doesn't know what happened, then stop asking her! No reason to make her upset..."

Coras mom starts to look a little guilty. "Oh, uh, alright, sorry Cora..." Cora's mom leaves her room and closes the door. Cora waits for a moment until her mom and grandma walk into another room, and she can't hear them anymore.