00. prologue

The family you have come to know and love from Pieces of the Past are back in the sequel, Pieces of the Present

When Katie comes home a few months early from traveling abroad, she has nerve-wracking news to deliver to her parents. She's pregnant. Not only that, but she is stuck in nearly the same exact scenario that her parents were in twenty years ago. 

While Katie grapples with the decisions she knows she needs to make, it seems to inevitably dig up old wounds for her parents.

You know what they say; history has a way of repeating itself.

PLEASE READ

If you have not read the first book, Pieces of the Past, you will understand virtually none of this!

 Due to the original characters, AU status, and more, it would be very difficult for you to understand any of this book if you aren't caught up on book one. If you haven't read Pieces of the Past, head back to my profile so you can begin the journey where it all started!

More notes

 Obviously, we've covered most of this with the first book, but I'll go again. 

I. So, first and foremost. Katie Harbour? Not a real person. Just thought I would clear the air on that one, just like I did with book one. The photo is a manip.

II. This is my first 'real people' fanfiction, which is stepping out of my comfort zone once again. Please refrain from hurtful/negative comments because not only does it hurt my feelings, but it hurts me as a writer. Hearing negative comments only makes me feel more self-conscious, which really screws my process up. If you like any of my other stories and you want them to continue, please keep the hurtful things to yourself or else whatever I write in the future will be surrounded by my own self-consciousness. Nobody is holding a gun to your head, you don't have to read it if you don't want to. Just click away instead of leaving something hurtful for me to read.

III. This is an AU. David in real life does not have a daughter. Winona in real life has a partner. You know the drill. I just want to clarify the AU status of this story to avoid repetitive comments about what you believe I may have misunderstood. It's fiction, I know the non-fiction side, but whatever I write that goes against the real-life 'truth' is intended, it's just a story.

IV. I know shipping real celebrities can be a negative for some people. I was once one of those people. Trust me, I know that real celebrity fics can make people squeamish. If you are one of those types of people, please click away now. No hard feelings.

V. I don't own Stranger Things, David Harbour, or Winona Ryder, but I do own any original characters from this point on. Odds are, it will only be the one main OC, but I thought I would state that anyway. I also own the plot, the writing, and the basis of the story.

VI. Last but not least, I'm going to try to update this as frequently as possible, just like last time. I follow a pattern where I don't post one chapter until the next is finished and so on. So, updates may come a few days apart, but it only means that I'm trying to do my best. I also want to thank the amazing NoniHarbour for beta'ing this story, sorry it won't let me tag you again, lol. You're incredible. Love you tons x

© gallifreygod