11. wax and wane

[A/N: The first half of this chapter contains smut. like, pure, actual, unfiltered, not-just-implied smut. the real deal. so, read at your own discretion. Feel free to skim over it if its a squick for you. I'd be happy to fill you in if you miss anything by skipping the smut parts. Just let me know.]

There are highs

There are highs. There are lows. That is just how life works. We rise, we fall, and nothing ever stays linear. At least not for too long. Some people see beauty in that, others see it as pain. When things feel good and the world is your oyster, you already know that the downfall is always just right around the corner. Like an instinct. 

Some people recognize it, some people don't. Not everyone can sense when the waxing ends and the waning begins. Winona was not one of those people. An over-thinker, she deemed herself. She had learned to expect the bad, cherish the good, and repeat. So, even when life seemed incredible at the moment, she wasn't naïve enough to pretend that dark times were ahead. Some called that pessimism, others called it realism.

"Uhhh," she moaned quietly, leaning down to kiss him as her hips circled against his. It felt nice not waking up the sound of a blaring alarm clock, but instead by the sunlight bleeding through the white curtains. Even better, they had spent each morning by starting off the day the exact same way. 

Slow and lazy Sunday morning sex had always been her favorite, but being in the middle of a cabin in Blue Ridge made it all the more better. She bit down on her lower lip, her cheeks pulling into a smirk as she basked in the sensations that thrummed through her body. His hands roamed her skin, gripping and tugging in all the right places. 

As she leaned down to cup his cheeks and kiss him once again, the sudden shift in position sent sparks down her spine. His hips rose and fell to meet hers as his own breathy moans mingled in the air with hers. Her jaw dropped against his lips as her breathing became heavier and heavier, emitting in a soft and nearly inaudible high-pitched whine. Her long dark hair fell over her shoulder, framing the side of her face as she rocked faster in his lap. 

"Harder," she breathed. He could feel her getting closer, just as he was as well. As his hips drove deeper into her, he was overcome with the sensational need to crash his lips back against hers. He wanted to taste every inch of her, but with how quickly they were both hurdling towards the finish line, neither of them wanted to stop now and slow it down. The best he could do was crane his neck upwards, bring her mouth back to his and nipping hungrily with his teeth. 

His arms pulled her closer to him, her bare chest pressing against his as they moved in unison. Within seconds, a loud moan ripped through her and he caught it with another feverish kiss. Just the sensation of her trembling against him while total euphoria washed over her was enough to send him off the deep end too. Through the shutters of pure pleasure, she gripped onto his chest for dear life. 

Thirty seconds of blinding endorphins left her on top of him in a quivering mess. Her orgasm dripped down his length, leaving a wet spot pooled on the sheets before she collapsed against him "Mmm," she mumbled once she caught her breath, her face pressing into his shoulder. "I don't think I'm ready to leave," she cuddled into him, feeling his fingers stroking through the long strands of her hair