Chapter 19: Landing at Peleliu

Date: September 15th, 1944 6:30AM

Location: near Peleliu, Palau islands

Summer and Team RWBY were currently eating their breakfast on board one of the transport ships with the other Marines and the girls stood out like a sore thumb. As they ate they knew that they were going to be invading another island in just a little while. Ruby was thinking about everything that she and her team had been through up to that point. Then Ruby took out her journal and looked through it and it had everything Ruby had written in it from their battles from Guadalcanal to Saipan. 

Ruby then looked around at her team and her mom, thoughts just came rushing through her head as she thought about all the battles she, her team and mother faced. Then she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned around to see Dan.

"Hey just so you remember, briefing is in 15 minutes." Dan informed her. "Better get ready quick." 

Ruby then released this as Dan walked off in which Ruby closed her Journal and quickly ate her food.

"Guys Briefing is in a little bit, we got to hurry!" Ruby informed the others and they quickly finished up and followed Ruby to the briefing room of the ship. The 5 girls quickly ran to where the briefing of the mission was taking place and they burst into the room with only seconds to spare.

"Ah Team Hunters, I was wondering when you would show up." Major General William H. Rupertus said. "But now that your all here we can get on with the briefing." 

(Incase you are all wondering this is Major General William H. Rupertus.)

One long Briefing later

After the Briefing Summer and the Girls were gearing up for the assault on the island of Peleliu where an airfield had to be taken so heavy bombers could hit Japan. Summer was transferred to Ruby's team so she could be with her daughter more. And a new member meant a new team name and the one they chose was Team Hunters.

Then after loading up all their gear they walked into a LVT alongside other US Marines that were going in.

"Alright...dear god, please let me, my mother, and my team get through this and watch over us as we participate in this battle." Ruby quietly prayed to herself. 

"Alright lets do this!" Yang exclaimed. "Just another island to take!"

"Well I hope its the last one we take." Weiss complained. "If the Japanese had any common sense they would see its pointless to continue fighting."

"I don't think the Japanese would agree with that Weiss." Blake said. "From what I hear they don't give up until the last man."

"Whatever Blake." Yang sighed. "Maybe one day they will realize how stupid it is to charge into your enemy's line of fire." 

"Don't jinx us Yang." Ruby said. "It might happen."

Then the doors to the transport ship opened up and the drivers were given the green light to go. Bright sun light blocked most of the vision of the outdoors.