𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐚 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭

———✰———

"Which one?" both Veronica and Max said to El as she walked out of the bathroom and got into Max's double bed next to Veronica who was holding up a Wonder Woman comic and the ginger next to her held up a green lantern comic.

"I don't know," El said to them tiredly.

"Hey, there's nothing to worry about anymore, okay?" Max told the brunette as she and Veronica put down the comics to comfort El who was obviously still thinking about Billy.

"It doesn't make sense" El persisted.

"What doesn't?" Max asked again confused at what El could still find wrong with Billy and Heather.

"Heather. The blood. The ice." El listed.

"Heather had a fever, so she took a cold bath, but she's all better now. That has to be it" Max excused as if she was trying to find a reason that her brother had to be okay "I don't know where that blood came from, but we saw her. We all saw her. She's totally fine"

"What about Billy?" El frowned.

"What about him?" Max also frowned.

"He seemed wrong," El said now looking at Veronica instead of Max but Veronica didn't know what to say because she didn't know who she agreed with because although both Billy and Heather looked fine Billy was acting weirdly and what did El see Billy doing last night and where did the blood come from? So instead she let Max answer again.

"Wrong is kind of like his default" The redhead chuckled "but it's nice to know he's not a murderer because that would have totally sucked"

"Who is that?" El asked pointing to the comic Veronica was holding earlier seemingly as if she had finally given up with the Billy problem.

"This is Wonder Woman" Veronica introduced excitedly flicking through the comic as El and Max rested their heads on her shoulders to see "AKA Princess Diana. She's from Paradise Island, which is, like, this hidden island where there are only women Amazon Warriors"

———✰———

The next day the girls were awoken to the sound of Lucas' voice coming through Max's intercom "Do you copy? This is code red. I repeat, this is a code red. Max. Do you copy? This is a code red." Eventually, Max reached down next to her bed and picked it up and told Lucas to shut up. Before the three girls laid back down and tried to sleep again. Although minutes later the yellow phone in Max's room started ringing this time only Max got up huffing a "You've got to be kidding me" and Veronica and El attempted to sleep through it.

"I'm sleeping go away" The grumpy redhead huffed but paused when it was Mike on the other line which meant it really was important "What are you talking about?" Max said her voice holding concern that caused the other two girls to sit up and pay attention.