✺ one ✺

"you will banished to hell for a thousand years for your crimes, the terror you have caused us here in heaven!" God's voice boomed over the temple gates so loud, the stars could hear him

namjoon's lip quivered as he looked Him in his eyes. "m-m-my lord," he stammered, "i didn't do it, y-you have to believe me." he pleaded.

on his knees, his hands sweaty and clasped together, shaking, begging God for mercy on his soul.

"what angel has the capability of killing?" namjoon asked, tears streaming down his face, fearing for his fate.

"obviously you," He replied. "you killed gabriel, my gabriel." God said, a crack in his voice. "the one who sent the message of my son to the virgin mary."

namjoon's stomach turned and twisted. he felt the knots pull tighter in realization that there is no going back and there is no undoing what has been done.

he felt two angels grip his arms as he screamed, cried and begged for mercy on his behalf. he stared his teary eyes in the face of God hoping it grant him some sympathy.

he feet scuffed the ground as he fought, kicking up the gravel and stone trying to get out of the angels' grip. he wanted to run back and plead his case to the Almighty but it was no use.

he watched the gates of heaven close in front of his eyes. along with his family, his childhood, his home, his livelihood all gone with a slice of a sword.

"let's go son." said a voice. namjoon looked up and saw a guardian angel, dressed in all white, his wings no different.

his voice as sweet as honeydew and his face as beautiful as the stars itself. "i'm seokjin." the boy said, a saddened smile on his face.

"i-i'm namjoon." he sniffled out, wiping his face of any tears left.

"i'll be your guardian angel during your time in hell." seokjin said as he lifted namjoon up and they began walking towards the stairway to heaven. "you can call me jin."

"i'll see to it that you are cared for, provided for, not harmed and even loved if you desire." he further explained. "at the end of your one thousand years if you choose to remain in hell, i will leave you and i can no longer protect you from anyone or anything."

namjoon nodded as jin explained, his hands were shaking in fear, each step felt heavier and heavier, he turned back constantly and looked at the gates of heaven hoping someone will come and spare him from his demise.

as they reached the top of the stairway, namjoon looked at jin, fear adamant in his demeanor. "how are going to get there?" he asked, voice shaky.

"with a snap of my fingers." jin said and smiled. then he did just that and snapped his fingers.

before namjoon could even realize what was happening, he opened his eyes and there he was.

the black and dark ground had seeps and cracks in it. lava flowing each and every sliver, devouring the ground of any open space. the gates large and black like death itself.

the screams and cries of sinners facing their punishment could be heard throughout all the land. the horns and black wings on all those who lived there.

no purity, no life, no happiness, no peace, no tranquility, just death. nothing but death.

namjoon scanned the place, his body heating up, the sweat on his forehead, his breath quickened and his eyes bulged as he looked at jin.

"welcome to hell namjoon."

©peachyyjin/// 2019