✺ five ✺

yoongi stared at the paper as he spun the pen through his lengthy fingers

yoongi stared at the paper as he spun the pen through his lengthy fingers. he sighed, exasperated as he ran his hands through his hair. 'who would have thought writing a list of demands would be this hard? ' he thought to himself.

yoongi had to write a list of demands he wanted if he was chosen to be next in line. The coronation is one of the biggest festivals in hell. every century a new Devil is chosen to rule throughout the wicked land. as yoongi's father's life was coming to an end he realized that he should start. unfortunately forgetting the fact that he was not yet chosen for the throne.

however he did not care about that, all he wanted was to please his father. after his grandmother's death, he had to toughen up, and realize not everything would be given to him. not everyone would always be there for him.

just then a puff of a light grey cloud had appeared in his room. yoongi coughed a little bit, recognizing the scent. a tall, slender woman, with bright pale skin had been revealed from the smoke. her black hair traveled down her back, as she pushed it behind her ears. her long dainty fingers had fixed the crown gently placed atop her head. her black dress flowed with a small breeze in the room and then she spoke.

"yoongi darling;" she began, yoongi's mother had swiftly walked across the room, as elegantly as she could and sat in another chair in the room. "how are you baby?" her voice as soft as the clouds in heaven.

yoongi was - to say the least - a momma's boy. he loved his mother dearly and she spoiled him rotten. she had taught him to be tender and loving and soft because it's an emotion. an emotion every one possess and everyone should show. she caressed yoongi's soft face as he fell into her touch.

"im okay mother." he said sighing into her warmth. "im writing a list for the coronation." yoongi's mother, named diana, after her grandmother, had furrowed her eyebrows knowing something was bugging him. she took yoongi's hand and led him to his bed. she spread out her silk dress across the sheets and opened her arms to yoongi to lay in them.

he comfortably as always fit just right into his mother's arms. she ran her fingers through his head softly, grazing the smooth, fine strands of her sons hair. "tell me what's wrong, i can sense when something is wrong with my son." she said firmly.

"what if father picks jimin?" yoongi said quietly but enough for her to hear, "what if im not good enough to rule this place?" yoongi said growing a bit louder, "what if i fail?" diana had stopped stroking his hair and basically pulled him up to look into her eyes.

"stop that talk baby." she said softly. yoongi always loved his mother's voice. it was graceful and filled with love, she always had a stern look on her face but her smile was enough to melt the kingdom, including the Devil himself. "you are not going to fail okay? your father has a lot of faith in you, you know that." yoongi nodded listening to his mother talk.

"but you know that he will not pick you solely because you are blood, you have to earn your spot on that throne, he did between four of his brothers and although at first you were an only child, you now have competition." her voice was not as soft but a foreboding tone. "if you want that throne you better earn it."