LBAAF- Chapter 3

Chapter Three

~~Snowden's Point of View~~

    She stepped back and smiled brightly. Jon's mother looked so proud of herself. Getting me into the outfit she brought in with her. "Don't you look just beautiful that will make my son faint." She giggled but I didn't.

    Moving me in front of a mirror, she moved to stand behind me. "See, don't you look heavenly." Heavenly? With my dull and lifeless dyed black hair that screamed that it was threatening to fall off at any moment. My eyes that held no sparkle and was nearly black in color instead of it's proper color of icy blue-grey.

    No, I was far from heavenly.

    The door opened and Jon walked in with the older man he calls Uncle B or Bastian. Upon seeing me, Jon stumbled for a moment causing Bastian to get a hold of him. Jon's eyes trailed the length of me where I could see in the mirror.

    My eyes went back to my outfit as I took it in again. Nothing really special about it. A white cotton batiste gown that gathered around a empire waist band. A few white pearl beads decorated the band in a swirl pattern. Just a hand full of silver crystals dotted among the beads and within the gathers of the fabric around my bust.

    "Doesn't she just look beyond gorgeous?" His mother shifted a few curls she made in my hair. It still looked lifeless no matter what she did to it.

    Jon came over as his mother stepped away. "Very much." His eyes looked into mine using the mirror. His hand slipped around my waist. "I have our breakfast ready down on the patio. Lets see if you'll eat today."

    It had been a few days since I woke and tried to jump from my balcony. Every night Jon has watched over me to make sure I didn't try to kill myself. Bastian has been sedating me in order to make sure it didn't happen even though Jon watches over me. When I wake in the morning, Jon is right there looking down at me from the edge of the bed.

    Downstairs and out the back door of this cabin, Jon helped me sit in a seat on the padded chairs of the patio furniture. He even took the napkin off the side of the plate and placed it in my lap before he took his seat. He repeated the process with his napkin for himself.

    The three started to dish out the food and I just watched. When done, the three took their hands as Jon and his mother took one of mine each. They all bowed their heads and gave thanks. My eyes just went down to Jon's hand as it was in mine. His hand warming not just my own hand, but something within me.

    After grace, they began eating. Jon's mother having let my hand go, but Jon didn't. He keep ahold of my hand the whole time he ate. Warmth continued to come from our joined hands. This was something he didn't do the other mornings or other meals.

    About half the way through his breakfast, Jon put his silverware down turning to me. He smiled while he reached over gripping my silverware. Scooping up a small piece of food, he offered it to me. "Just one bite."

    His smile widened as my lips parted partially for him. Just enough for him to put the food in my mouth. His mother covering her mouth trying to hide the small "awe" that slipped passed her lips. As if this was something more than Jon making sure I ate.

    I let him feed me till I snapped my mouth shut with a click. Bastian sigh with relief. "She must have reached her limit."

    Jon lifted up my hand that was in his and gave it a soft kiss. "But she accepted my help."

    "That she did, shall we help her with what else her body needs?"

    Both Jon and his mother nodded. His mother placed her hand back in mine with a smile. Bastian nodded wiping his mouth with his napkin before rising from his seat and coming to stand behind my seat. He first ran his fingers down my face closing my eyes and moving to lay my head back. Then he placed his hands on my shoulders.