LBAAF- Chapter 6

Chapter Six

~~Snowden's Point of View~~

    "Oh, not so fast little sister. Just take it slow." Miron gave me a smile as he helped me eat my soup.

    I've been here with these seven rough guys for the past week and a half. It was Miron's bed I was on. His bed wasn't what you think of when you think of a bed. Most of the guys actually slept in a hammock. That meant Miron had a chair pulled up to the side at the moment.

    "Thank you."

    He chuckled spooning more for me. "Just get better."

    I gasped softly out of pain right after I giggled. My arm stung within the brace they placed it in after they set my bones back. The beak hadn't been as clean as they would have liked. "I'll try to get better faster if I can."

    "And I'll look out for you even after you do."

    I placed my hand on his before he could spoon more spoon. "Why?"

    He shrugged. "You have a hunter after you and I hate them."

    My eyes went wide. "You met him?"

    Miron nodded. "I didn't like what I felt from him and when he asked, I said you were my sister and you were very sick. In fact, he gave me the herb that helped you with your infection we didn't know you had. In a way, the hunter saved your life."

    I shook my head. "He didn't save my life." Placing my hand on his again. "You did. Your lie saved my life because he believed you."

    Miron twisted his lips at me. "Why is he after you?"

    Eating the spoon full of soup, I shrugged afterwards. "I really don't know why myself. He said he was hired to make sure I died." I looked down. "He seemed delighted that I was his new prey."

    He placed his hand in mine. "We all will keep him from finding you."

    I gave his hand a squeeze. "Thank you." Then my heart squeezed. "I just wished I could send Jon a sign that I was alright."

    Miron gave me a look. "Who's Jon?" I blushed. "A love?" He teased causing my cheeks to brighten.

    "I wouldn't call him a love, but I never felt this way about anyone before."

    "If you tell me where I could find him or send a message, I could get one to him."

    Biting my lip, I twisted my hands together. "I don't know where he is, but you might be able to find him easy enough." My blush getting brighter. "He's a prince."

    Miron's eyes widened. "You don't mean Prince Jonas. The one fourth in line to the throne of the Demon Kingdom."

    "I don't know about the second sentence, but the first is true." I shifted gingerly on the hammock to lay on my side. "I didn't know he was a prince till he demanded the hunter to show himself. It was such a shock after all the time we spent together to find out I didn't know him at all."

    "But you fell for him?"

    My shoulder lifted and fell in a gentle shrug. "I might have started to feel something toward him. Just don't know if it was romantic."

    "Well my little Snow, I'll just make sure he knows you're safe for now. Ease his mind that must be going crazy with worry." He leaned over and kissed my forehead softly like he would if he really was my brother. Not just playing as if he was one. "Now rest well and get better."

    "I promise to find a new bed soon so you get yours back." He chuckled as he left the room that was once an attic where all the guys slept. Miron had been sleeping on the floor below the hammock that I laid in.