LBAAF- Chapter 5

Chapter Five

~~Jon's Point of View~~

    I watched as my grandfather and Bastian came back. Bastian looked more upset than when he heard what Snow's name was. He looked gutted. The same feeling I felt because Snow wasn't with them.

    My mother wrapped her arms around my grandfather. He looked down at her and hugged her tight. "How is he?" His voice was just a whisper, but I could hear it.

    She pulled back and looked at me. "I think he feels lost without her." Her eyes went to his. "He might have fallen in love with her."

    That worried my grandfather. "Do you think we could eat before we went back out? There's still more ground to cover."

    "Have there been any signs at all?"

    "A few. But please, I'll tell you more once we have eaten some and I see to my grandson." She looked at me and then went off into the kitchen. Bastian followed her to do something.

    My grandfather knelt in front of me. "How you doing son?"

    I shook my head. "Not good."

    "I know son." He nodded with his hands on the arms of the chair I sat in. "We will find her and before that hunter can harm her." Then he swallowed. "Bastian has made me aware of who she is."

    I frowned and he smiled. "My sister has the same frown. Have I ever told you that before?"

    "You're trying to distract me from what you were about to tell me. Who is Snow and why did Bastian basically freaked when I said her name?"

    "Understand that he didn't recognize her because of her hair being died pure black. And the fact that she hadn't started talking until just before the hunter showed." He took a deep breathe. "She's the true heir to the Angelic throne." His voice tried to be gentle, but I just couldn't wrap my mind around what he just told me.

    He moved with me as I rose from the seat. "What?" inching aware from him, I tried to understand what he just said.

    My grandfather placed his hands on my shoulder. "She had been the missing Angelic princess. Gone missing just after her father's funeral. No one had heard from her and all, including us, thought she had died."

    I turned away from him and his hands dropped from my shoulder. "But how can he be certain that's who she is? I just got her name."

    "He put everything together in that moment about her that he knew and being told what her name was. Do you know many Snowdens? I never met one."

    My hands laid on the window sill. "Do you think we could...?"

    His hand laid on my shoulder again as he came to stand behind me. "Don't worry son. If she feels the same way, no one would be able to keep you apart." His reflexion smiled at me. "I'm glad you found a girl to care about as your father cared for your mother."

    I smiled and it hurt a bit. "Now I just need to get her back."

~~Snowden's Point of View~~

    A cough bought me back to consciousness. One that came from me and was followed by a wheeze. A wet cloth was on my forehead trying to cool my skin that felt on fire.

    "How is she doing Sheek?"

    A sigh from next to me. "The fever still has her by the throat but it finally seems to be falling."

    "Has she said anything at all since we left?"

    "Curious about her oh mighty Naro?"