LBAAF- Chapter 9

Chapter Nine

~~Jon's Point of View~~

    A frowned formed on my face when there were three soft rasps on my door. My hand falling from where it was on my shirt leaving the last button undone. I wasn't expecting anyone just yet.

    "Enter."

    The man that slipped into my room looked nervous. Sweat beading off his forehead as his eyes darted around the room. He looked afraid for his life. From the look of him, he was an Angelic noble.

    He came over to me and handed me a leather folder as he had yet looked at me. "If you're looking for proof of fowl play against the beloved Princess Snow, I suggest you read this. Her majesty the Queen thinks she has many supporters and makes sure none of us know who they are, but I know the truth."

    Now he looked at me. "The Queen is ruining our people and breaking many of our laws. Those who have spoken out all have met a tragic and quick death before more hear of it. I pray, even if it costs me my life, that you use what I give you wisely. Please help Princess Snowden to return and claim her birthright."

    In a flash, he darted toward the door and was gone. My eyes went down to the thick folder in my hand. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that I was handed what I hoped was my proof that the Queen really did want Snow dead and out of her way.

    Just before I was going to open the folder, my bedroom door burst opened and my grandfather came in looking very upset. I watched as he paced the length of the room with growls in his throat.

    "Granddad? What's wrong?"

    He stopped in front of a chair and sank into the seat burying his face in his hands. I placed the folder in my bag and went over to him. Stroking his back, I felt shocked because I had never seen him like this ever.

    He shook his head. "I didn't even think."

    "Come on. You know you can tell me."

    Again he shook his head. "My father warned us and yet I didn't heed it as well as I should have."

    My frown deepened. "What happened?"

    With a deep and heavy sigh he rose and started an even small oval for his pacing. "I thought I was dreaming like I always do about my late beloved, but apparently I wasn't." He grabbed a hand fully of his hair and tugged for a second. "The Queen had come in right as I was drifting off and used her ability to persuade to make me do something I'd never do to anyone for the rest of my life."

    I blushed and swallowed hard against the churn of my stomach. "You mean she got you to...you know."

    He stopped and groaned. "Exactly. I woke to her smiling at me like the cat that caught the cream." I shivered and he chuckled. "Yeah, not the best analogy for what she did to me is it." Then a sigh. "She even told me that I was the best she ever had."

    He turned abruptly and rushed over to my bathroom. "I need to scrub AGAIN just thinking about it!"

    My eyebrows shot up. Then a shiver of disgust ran throughout my body. My grandfather still felt so disgusted that he needed another shower. The Queen must have down quite a number on him last night for him to feel that disgusted.

    My great-grandfather came in looking puzzled. "Have you seen my son?"

    I pointed toward the bathroom door. "He needed to scrub again."

    "Again?" He queried as he closed the door.

    Nodding I poured him a cup of coffee. "Apparently the Queen sank her talons in him last night and he needs to wash it all off after telling me about it." I cringed. "I only got a taste of it yesterday from what he experienced was what I gathered."