Hiding

— Warning: This chapter contains gore and thoughts of murder —

I ran home and jumped into my bed, sliding the blankets over my head. I tried to feel ashamed for my actions....

But... did I?

I wanted to feel bad for hurting Ashley...

But I didn't.

****
Warning: This dream contains gore and bloodshed

At one point, I feel asleep, because I woke up in a cold sweat after having a dream.

In my dream, Ashley had a bandage on her head, and she was cuddling with Jake.

I looked down at my hand. I was holding a knife.

I did what I needed and wanted to do.

I ran up to Ashley, and brought the knife down on her head.

The knife dug down deeply, and I cringed.

Blood flowed from the wound on her head and she fell to the ground, her head making a hollow "clunk" as she smacked the floor.

I stared down at her. She was shaking and sobbing and convulsing. Blood gushed from the wound on her temple. Until she suddenly stopped. Her breathing became shallow. Then it stopped.

I turned my gaze to Jake.

He gave a soft smile, ran up to me, and began furiously kissing me.

That's when I woke up.

****

Laying in bed, my thoughts began to race.

If I got rid of Ashley, would Jake finally love me?

The corners of my mouth turned up into a small, cruel smile.

I wouldn't be killing her...

Just... deleting her!

****

I kicked the blankets off my legs and walked to my desk.

I opened a drawer, and dug around a bit before my hand landed on exactly what I needed.

I pulled out my red spiral notebook and flipped it open. I smiled as I read the sentence in the margin:

"how to delete ashley"

Excitedly, my eyes scanned the words on the ragged, yellowing pages. After I was satisfied, I turned the book over.

Fastened to the back of the book with Scotch tape was a small, cold knife with a bright red handle.

I ran my finger over it, and my smile widened to a Cheshire Cat grin.