Chapter 2

" Speaking out loud
' Thinking

〰️➿〰️
Crossroads
〰️➿〰️

Coming back home, Midoriya remembered how he spoke to Death Arms at the scene of the fight, a real pro-hero. Also the way he shouted before towards the others. He never considered himself to be explosive, but everything that happened today made him a rollercoaster of emotions. He wanted to apologize like he usually did, but this new feeling of anger prevented him from doing so, which he wasn't sure if it made him sad or not. He heard someone running behind him and turned.

"Kacc-"
'Well, I guess it could take some time to get used calling him by his name.'

"HEY, DEKU!"

Midoriya was about to ask what he wanted when Bakugou just harshly spoke with his fists closed looking more insane than ever:

"I never asked you to save me, as if you could even help me. I could've beaten him by myself... How dare a quirkless failu-"

Before he could keep the insults, he took a look at Midoriya's face and froze. His face expression was wrong, he looked unaffected by his words, even bored, nothing even close to his usual 'I am about to cry' face.

"Yea, you really didn't ask for me to help you, but you're welcome. I didn't save you, All Might did, and if you could beat the villain yourself... I guess we'll never know... As for the last part..."

Midoriya closed his eyes for one second switching his power on, feeling nothing but pleasure seeing Bakugo's thunderstruck face as he looked Midoriya's eyes.

"You- You got your quirk? So fucking what? You think changing your eyes color is some great shit? Don't you dare mock me you shitty nerd."

He shouted the last insult and turned, walking away, leaving Midoriya sighing.

'I need to go home so I can research something about ocular powers, I can't waste any time since I have only 8 months to the U.A entrance exam, I need to figure exactly what this power is before going there. I guess I'll let mom know today as well.'

He was walking again with an involuntary smile on his face when he imagined his mother's reaction to the news.

"I am here."
All Might just stormed out of an alley blocking the boy's passage

"I found you, good."

Midoriya just looked at him with a strange feeling of dejávù.

"Shounen, I came here to find you so I could make a proposal. You see, if I hadn't heard your story, I would be nothing but fake muscles and insincerity."

"Fake muscles?"

Midoriya asked trying to make sense of his words

"I'll show you, don't post on the internet or something, ok?"

After saying that he disappeared in a cloud of dense steam and a skeletal man appeared with the same clothes he was wearing.

"Huh?" That was all Midoriya could say

"I am sure you, as a fan, also sees me as the symbol of justice, but the truth is I'm not what I used to be. This is my real form, what you saw was nothing more than an illusion, that was my muscular form that I have to put on every day, just like those swimmers who puff their chest trying to look imposing. I got seriously injured during a fight five years ago and lost my stomach and most of my respiratory system, the surgery was tough and now I can't perform my hero job as a full-time activity."