Chapter 19

" Speaking out loud "
' Thinking '
Highlighted Information
Written information
Titles and Techniques

〰️➿〰️
Hosu's Incident - Conclusion
〰️➿〰️

Shirayuki watched in silence as Hayama jumped off the building, but couldn't refrain her curiosity after the man was gone:

"What was that? Sand?"
"That is the power a tailed-beast provides. After centuries of studies, we created a way to absorb and utilize the tailed-beasts' abilities. Shukaku possesses sand powers, so Hayama learned how to manipulate the sand through Shukaku's abilities."

Shirayuki thought about that for a second before asking:

"But Hayama has powers of his own, right?"
"No, he does not. He was one of our less skilled warriors, born without our gift, that is why he was chosen to be the host for the One-tail."
"One-tail?"
"That is how they were named back when they were feared by the world and we chose to maintain this nomenclature. You currently possess the Nine-tails inside of you."
"So what can I- I mean, what can my beast do?"
"All in due time my dear, all in due time. You cannot control nor manipulate Kurama's power yet, so if you force yourself right now, you will most likely end up being possessed and corrupted, that is the reason I wanted you to observe what is going to happen today. We also came to see how strong the tailed beasts are in this era, so consider this a test to see their true power."
"But you said I once had one of these beasts inside me-"
"Yes, the Five-tails. Unfortunately, when you died, we were forced to get the beast back, so it could be designed to another host."
"I still can't remember anything about being killed. I can't remember the face of the girl who killed me. Why can't I remember Yaoyorozu Momo? I- I don't know how, but I can remember how to fight using my sword, I can remember how to use my own power, but all the rest is lost."
"Muscular memory is a marvelous thing. Do not worry, child, it will all come together soon. For now, observe what the tailed beasts can do."

They both looked at Hayama, almost disappearing in the horizon, going towards the closest fire.

"Let us walk closer." Yamamoto jumped away, and Shirayuki reluctantly followed

〰️➿〰️

Midoriya kneeled on top of Hawks' left-wing while they flew towards the ruckus.

'We're getting further away Raiju.'
'Understood. I managed to stretch our link, but I won't be able to do it again, so you'll be on your own from now on. Remember what I told you: Even with the energy you just took, you have very little right now, I don't recommend any prolonged fighting.'
'I'll try to be careful. You be careful as well, okay? Okay? Raiju? Damnit.'

"Midoriya, are you sure you're up for this?"
"I'm fine, Hawks."
"Are you though? Because I could've sworn I just saw Raiju recharging your batteries for a couple of minutes because you were completely out."
"L- Look, I'll be fine. I have enough to help."
"You're really stubborn."

Midoriya's sole focus on the moment was on Iida and his whereabouts. He wasn't really paying attention to Hawks' words while he asked for more information about what was happening through his earpiece. Midoriya was also wondering why Hawks asked Tokoyami to stay behind, they could really use his help. Hawks looked over his shoulder and caught Midoriya's evaluating gaze, asking after stopping pressing his earpiece:

"You're wondering why I told him to stay back, aren't you?"

"..."