Chapter 20

" Speaking out loud "
' Thinking '
Highlighted Information
Written information
Titles and Techniques

〰️➿〰️

The Lonely Wolf
〰️➿〰️

Inside the heroes association headquarters, a secret room was unlocked and prepared to accommodate numerous people. Two workers were chatting while moving chairs and positioning lights:

"Did you hear? This is going to be some major briefing. Everyone is on edge after yesterday's incident. The entire government will be here."
"Well, it's natural that the people would freak out after the defense minister's announcement. He doesn't know shit about what's going on. Did you see the videos? Hosu's a wreck and he said it was some minor attack... Bullshit, dude."
"Yeah... Those explosions were no joke. I only heard people talking about some kind of monster, although nobody got a good video of it."
"They said there was too much dust, people couldn't even see what was going on in there, all they could hear were the monster's shouts. How is it being called again?"
"The Sand Demon. I heard a few people referring to it as One-tail, you know... Because according to a few heroes who took part in the fight, it had one tail."
"I heard a few dudes referring to it as One-tail as well, so I think that's the actual name."
"Sand Demon sounds way better."

〰️➿〰️

Hours later, the first hero entered the room, sitting in one of the most comfortable chairs next to the far right wall, a spot reserved for the top #10 heroes. Hawks kept leaning back and forth on the third chair, observing all the pro-heroes, politicians, and authorities arriving, choosing seats across the wide area. After almost an hour where everyone found their spot, they redirected the lights to the center of the room, where they saw a man standing. He touched an earpiece while reading a report to everyone present:

"Good evening. My name is Morizawa Makoto, chief of the association's media sector. I will be reading the reports about Hosu's incident, including the explanation about the involvement of the organization known as The Moon Clan and Midoriya Izuku's role in this major attack. We have asked the pro-heroes responsible for combating the unknown enemy, to describe the whole incident, but since we had multiple battlefronts, the reports may divert from one another, so if one of the heroes that were present, spot any inconsistency with the truth, feel free to correct the report with your version. Now, do you have questions before we begin? No? Then we shall-"
"I have a question."
"Please, go ahead, Mirko-sama."
"Since this is all happening because of him, I was wondering... Where the hell is Midoriya Izuku?!"

〰️➿〰️

Midoriya was on the association's roof, looking at the night's sky, feeling the wind on his face while thinking about things. He felt a presence and looked over his shoulder, expecting to see someone, but no one was there, so he started wondering about the meaning of the vision he had on the ambulance:

'What was that thing? Was that the Kusanagi's... Human form? Is he or she trying to possess me just like Fuujin and Suijin did? I need to do some research. I wonder where's Cath-'

Midoriya heard a noise before he saw the person arriving at the roof. The unknown individual was using a black cape, concealing his or her face, but that energy couldn't be mistaken.

"How did you get in here?" Midoriya asked, looking down at the number of guards on the association's entrance. He noticed the person had used a grappling gun.
"Well, it wasn't easy. I had to wait for the perfect time window so I could slip past the security on the ground floor. They're guarding all the entrances."
"What are you doing here so late? Actually, why are you here at all?"
"You know why I'm here! You own me an explanation."