Barry and Hank - Gay Play Part 2

Plot: Noho Hank joins Gene Cousineau's acting class for a hobby (and y'know... to get closer to Barry). Gene wants the class to perform a scene from any play or a scene they wrote themselves. Hank writes a special scene for him and Barry to perform. Sally and Barry get into a little bit of conflict.

Part 2

Hank lies in his bed in the stash house, thinking of Barry and how he may have ruined their friendship even more, if he could even call it a friendship. Barry and Hank were more like colleagues that work on different floors and one hates the other. 'What can I do to get closer to Barry... my friend' As much as he hated that word for Barry, that's exactly what he was. Just a friend. Hank never really thought about his feelings towards Barry that much but lately he started to investigate them. He thought if he thought about someone else in that way, he may stop thinking about Barry like that but every time he did, he was disgusted. It all revolved around Barry.

Barry gave the laptop that Sally rejected to Hank and he thought, maybe, just maybe, Barry remembered Hanks chunky, old and slow laptop before he thought of anyone else that would want it. Maybe Hank was jealous of Sally. Now, Hank uses it for all different things. As he lays in his bed, feeling the colder blanket surrounding his body and wishing Barry was there warming the bed, possibly slowly hugging him from behind. Even laying next to Barry, staring at the roof and listening to his slow breathing would have been enough for Hank. Barry truly made Hank excited to wake up every morning and live his life because there was always a possibility of him coming into the stash house to be assigned work or even just to check in. Right?. Hank always thought of Barry, even in the worst of times when no one was in the stash house and Hank was left by himself in the dark, too scared to go downstairs and flip the light switch. He thought that if Barry could kill people then Hank could go down into the dark downstairs and turn on a light or two. He wanted to be brave for Barry. Barry was dangerous but Hank knew that he never wanted to seriously injure him. If he did, why didn't he kill him that night when they went to finish Barry's unfinished hit? He shot him in the shoulder, not the chest. I mean, sure, he did injure Hank for a while but he didn't kill or maim him permanently.

Hank remembered the acting class and thought of class today. He sat at the back while Barry sat in the front row with Sally behind him. He watched as Barry turned to talk to Sally and the look in Barry's eyes made something inside Hank extremely upset and jealous of Sally. He wished that he was sitting where Sally was in that moment. He remembered the task that he had to do for tomorrow. He opened a document on his laptop and immediately started writing. His fingers never got tired and neither did his brain. Always coming up for something in the scene but he had to delete it so he doesn't have to do these things with anyone else in the class. This was only meant for Barry and Barry alone. Hanks fingers tapped and tapped on the keyboard like an extremely fast pianist playing the hardest song on piano. He went on for hours until it had a satisfying ending. The script he wrote wasn't great but it didn't have to be. It was good and good was all he could do to get Barry to notice that he was somewhat good at something Barry might not have been.

By the time he finished the full script, printing off pages and pages of writing, he finally read through it. Sure, there were some spelling mistakes but he didn't care. He looked up at the clock and it read 4:05pm and he wasn't even tired. He made himself fall asleep for tomorrow and a million dreams ran through his head for the 5 hours he was asleep but he could only really remember one. The play doing extremely well and having the magical moment he wanted with Barry on stage in front of Sally, the old teacher and the class.