Have Some Fun Tonight - 100 Follower Special

August 29, 1966. A momentous day for the boys, and for me as well.

Today marks the day of the final concert they will ever perform.

After the last show, just yesterday, and nearly being trapped in the stadium overnight, the boys decided enough was enough. Tonight is the final live performance for them.

It's not easy being married to one of the most sought after men on the planet, but I endure because we were meant to be.

I joined them on this tour because I wanted to see a bit of America, but I haven't seen much besides cars and hotel rooms and dressing rooms.

We can't go anywhere or do anything. Everything is a risk to them, and it's grating on our nerves.

The show tonight, however, was one for the ages. They performed wonderfully. Starting in high gear and nowhere to go but up.

They gave every song their all, and I felt nothing but love and admiration for them as I watched from the wings.

To be quite honest, I didn't want to sit down in case we needed a quick getaway.

They finished strong with a song that had traveled with them since the beginning, Long Tall Sally.

I can't help but dance along, I always loved when they played this, earning myself a toothy grin from my love.

Once the final chords die with the breeze from the bay, I'm being tugged to the armored car waiting behind the stage.

In a few short moments the boys are climbing in the back and we're speeding off to the airport to head back to Los Angeles for the night.

None of us seem to breathe until we board the plane. I plop into my seat, George falling heavily beside me as he takes a sip of his drink and declares, "right - that's it, I'm not a Beatle anymore!"

The other three raise their own drinks, a mixture of thank gods and here here sounding in the small space.

"Now to focus on more important things." Paul says as he rests his head against the seat.

George looks to me and smiles, grabbing my hand delicately as he quietly says, "yes, more important things...."

I smile at him before resting my head on his shoulder.

"Now we can focus more time in the studio, we're starting to sound like right trash out here." John says sucking down his drink like it's water.

*****************

It only takes about and hour and a half to get back to L.A.

The hotel we were staying at was very deserted, nobody there but businessmen that didn't care who the boys were, and us.

"We've got a moment of peace, nobody here cares who we are. The bar is empty, and we've got something to celebrate. Let's grab a drink, fellas." John says as he snuffs his cigarette out.

"I agree. I'm still buzzing from the show!" Ringo exclaims, flicking his own dying butt into the ashtray.

The five of us head straight to the bar as our luggage is brought to our rooms.