Buoyant Dreams

After a long day of running mindless errands I sigh in relief upon seeing Kinfauns fill my vision.

All I wish to do is spend a nice, relaxing night with my love.

I nearly run into the house, just wanting some peace from my hectic day.

As soon as I throw my purse on the table near the door, George's arms are around me and squeezing tightly.

I smile a very much needed smile, reveling in his wonderful embrace. The scent of him filling my senses.

"Welcome home, love." He says softly with a kiss to my cheek.

I've known him long enough to be quite familiar with that barely there trembling in his voice.

I grin, awaiting for him to explode with his excitement.

"So, I had this little thing delivered while you were out.."

He turns me to face him, a wide smile dimpling his cheeks.

I return his smile, his excitement contagious. "Did you now? What ever could that be?"

He pulls a scarf from his back pocket, with a tick of his eyebrow. "Let's go have a look."

He fashions the scarf over my eyes, the sheer fabric obscuring my vision just enough to make everything into vague shapes.

He stays behind me, pressed close, leading me toward his intended destination.

After a few moments we enter our bedroom, my small smile turning into a smirk.

"I ordered this quite a while ago from one of those catalog things. When I saw it I knew we just needed to have it...for...things...I really hope you like it!"

He removes the scarf from my eyes, revealing a....bed.

"Oh, so you got...a new bed?" I say a bit baffled at his excitement, our old bed was still very nice.

"Ah-ah-ah." He tuts, wagging his finger. "It's not just a bed, my dear."

I raise an eyebrow at him, still rather confused at his vague explanation.

"Let me....demonstrate.." He says with a wicked smile.

Before I can respond, he rushes us toward the bed, pushing me first before leaping half on and half next to me.

I let out a half scream while giggling. Surprised when the bed dips us low, then gently undulates. The movement seeming rather intimate in our current position.

"It's called a water bed, it's like a regular bed, but filled with water! And the water makes it feel like you're laying in a pool....but gives you more....balance."

George shifts himself above me, the movement of the bed providing a very lovely friction between us without us even trying.

"oohhh...I see...what you mean..." The air in the room suddenly turns tense. Our eyes meeting, that familiar spark shooting through me.