#38 - Bloodthirsty Hounds

The soft sensation of a feather duvet greeted [Y/n]; a mumble left the sleeping female as she snuggled into whatever warmth was by her side, though the sound of a chuckle caused her eyes to flick open. There was something in front of [Y/n]. She peered up to inspect what it was, before shuffling back as far as she could without falling off the bed.

    "Good evening," Seishin hummed. Evening? But it felt like morning. Ah, fuck it, there's no windows— it could be anything! But never mind that.

    "Why— why was?  Why were you— why was I?" she couldn't quite word the question, but she pulled the duvet closer to herself embarrassedly.

    "Why were you hugging me?" Seishin finished her question with an amused smile on his face. "Good question. Why were you hugging me?" [Y/n] crossed her arms over her chest and sent him a glare, which was returned with blue eyes brimming with entertainment. The young [h/c] haired female did not share Seishin's joy, however. When [Y/n] didn't give him any response, Seishin leaned his head back, his medium-length blonde hair seeming to have a light static effect against the wall. "Someone's worked out you're here," he frowned, staring at the door. Exactly on queue, three angry knocks sounded.

    "Why the hell didn't you tell us you'd found her?" an angered voice yelled out; [Y/n] noted it was Draka's. She got up from her place in Seishin's bed as a) she didn't want to be there anyway and b) she really didn't want to see bloodshed over Draka getting the wrong idea or something. Seishin glanced over to her, amusement returning to his usually contemptuous gaze in response to her actions, before his expression neutralised. He stood up and walked over to his door, unlocking it. Draka stared at him for a long moment before his eyes clocked onto [Y/n] in the background.

    "Seishin?" Draka began, his gaze dark. Seishin leaned back.

    "Wha—" he hadn't been given the chance to finish his 'what' as Draka's balled up fist made a harsh collision with his lower jaw. The blonde staggered back, his eyes widening and filling with malignity. [Y/n] watched in shock. With Seishin cradling his jaw and wiping the blood off his bust lip, Draka brushed past him and made a beeline for [Y/n].

    "What did he do to you?" he asked, his voice demanding but worried at the same time.

    "Nothi—"

    "Don't defend him, [Y/n]," Draka muttered, his voice harsher this time. His red eyes held a certain coldness and gravity to them that made [Y/n] shudder. He seriously looked ready to tear Seishin apart. Once Seishin had a chance to heal himself to the point where he could talk, a smirk ran across his features.

    "Really? You think I'd inflict harm on—" he seemed to want to use a pet name, but the only nickname he'd given her was moth, and in the back of his mind he clocked on to the fact that [Y/n] probably wasn't overly flattered by it. He stopped and Draka gestured him to continue but he clearly wasn't going to. Even without the final part of his sentence, both of the other individuals in the room understood what he had meant.

    "Yes, I do," Draka retorted darkly, "you've done shit before for no reason. And—" he paused, "and I heard about Erel from Jay, so I went to check... I feared you'd be doing something similar to [Y/n]," he confessed. At the mention of Erel, [Y/n] went tense. What sort of suffering was he going through just for having talked to her? At her thought, Seishin glanced down at her and smirked.

    "You can see him if you'd like," he responded. Draka narrowed his eyes at Seishin's words. Though the brunet didn't agree with Seishin's sadistic way of dealing with the situation, he did agree that the person who wished [Y/n] good luck on her escape deserved to die. Though Draka certainly wouldn't have thrown him the fate of being shredded by starving dogs. To Seishin's surprise, [Y/n] didn't respond to his offer with outright objection.