#39 - Back to Square One

"Where is Erel?" was the first thing [Y/n] asked when she woke up. A series of groans left her — that tranquilliser had given her one terrible headache.

    "He'll be dead by now," Aytsa responded calmly, "Seishin should be back any minute." [Y/n] hung her head, her hands gripping the silky duvet that no longer provided her any comfort. The gentle patting sound of her tears hitting the fabric repeated arrhythmically. The raven haired boy sitting beside her on her bed wore a slight look of concern on his face, though as he stared off to the back of her room it slowly faded to a look of nothing at all.

    "You know, you're lucky," Aytsa said quietly. [Y/n] looked up at him with a furrowed brow after wiping away her tears, clearly ready to combat whatever he had to say next. "I managed to convince them not to send you to Rayne, and I think Seishin's so mad at Erel regarding an argument they had just after you passed out that the guy won't last very long." He paused. He'd offered to be the one to kill Erel but Seishin was adamant that he would be the one to do it. Aytsa couldn't quite understand why he acted in such a way — perhaps Seishin was more complex than he'd first thought. Though spending so much time with Rayne was probably making him look into things too deeply. He hung his head.

    "Weren't you the person Rayne gave the offer to?" [Y/n] questioned. She didn't want to talk about Erel. Guilt was gnawing away at her and part of her wanted to pretend nothing had happened but her conscience repeated his name again and again— she almost screamed, though just about managed to suppress it.

    "I was, but that doesn't mean I was the one who wanted to use it. In fact, Laion was the one who brought it up with the others." He paused. "Of course he would. The worst he's got from Rayne is a scalpel in the shoulder..." he muttered. [Y/n] looked down at her hands. Had Aytsa been receiving the brunt of Rayne's... impulses? She couldn't help but feel slightly bad.

    "He hurts you?" she questioned.

    "Yes," he dipped his head. [Y/n] was about to say something else when the door creaked open to reveal a rather annoyed looking man. Aytsa raised a brow at him. "Mitzu. Are the others here yet?"

    "Why are you in here?" he questioned, glaring at Aytsa and ignoring the boy's inquiry.

    "I didn't want her to be alone when she woke up," Aytsa shrugged, "is that so bad?" Mitzu narrowed his eyes before walking over to the chair in the corner of her room and perching himself on it.  The atmosphere in the room slowly began to grow tense and Aytsa looked around awkwardly. "Soooo," he began with a bored drawl, though no one gave him any sort of response. He glanced over at [Y/n]'s bedside table, his eyes narrowing. He leaned back to reach for a certain object, before dangling it in front of her.

    "Why aren't you wearing it?" he frowned, swinging the pretty necklace from side to side. [Y/n]'s gaze locked on it, following it as it moved subconsciously.

    "I've slept since you gave it to me— I forgot to put it on in the morning. Sorry," she hummed, though Aytsa didn't hear any true apology in her tone. He sighed and placed the necklace back on her bedside table, noting the look of surprise on [Y/n]'s face as he did so. A light smile touched his features, though it wasn't entirely sincere. There was an element of facileness to the grin that tugged on his lips.

    "What, you thought I was going to force you to wear it or something?" he laughed. [Y/n] looked away. "Oh please, I'm not one of those brutes," he laughed, sending a look over to Mitzu and winking playfully. The silver haired male stood up, his amber eyes burning holes into Aytsa's very existence. Aytsa turned back to [Y/n], leaning forwards slightly. "Unless you want me to—"