Snow (tododeku)

(no quirks)
Izuku P.O.V.:

Shoto and I have been dating for 3 years. It's our 3 year anniversary. But lately, he's been quite distant. I wonder if he actually found someone else. Maybe a girl. Maybe a pretty one. Maybe he's cheating on me. No, he wouldn't do that. He's not like that. This is just my anxiety getting to me. Since it's quite snowy today, I planned an inside day for us. We'd watch some movies while talking about everything. Memories. The future. Anything. He should be coming home from work soon, so I decided to make some hot chocolate since he's probably really cold. We have no car since our work places are actually pretty close. I had taken the day off but Shoto was called in for an emergency. I heard a 'ping' from the living room table and walked over to it. I opened my messages.

Shoto❄️🔥❤️: Hey, Izuku. I'm around the corner, I'll be home soon. I'm sorry that I had to rush out, work emergency.
Me: It's okay. I understand. But now we have time for our 3 year anniversary. Be safe. I love you.
Shoto❄️🔥❤️: I will be, Izu. I love you, too. I'll see you soon.

I smiled, placing my phone back down and walking back into the kitchen. I poured some marshmallows into the finished hot chocolates. I picked them up and placed them on the living room table. I went back into the kitchen, quickly cleaning everything away. I sat down on the couch once I was done, waiting for Shoto to come. I turned the TV on, placing a DVD in the DVD player. I put in a Christmas movie. The holiday calender.

Shoto P.O.V.: (The beginning)

This morning I rushed out because I got a message. It was from the jeweler. I was having a special ring made. It was going to be a silver band with a carving in it. It would say 'You are my forever'. I got a message saying it was ready. I also got a beautiful ring box. Half red and half white like my hair on the outside and green like Izukus hair on the inside. I quickly ran to the jewelers to pick it all up. I wanted to get there and back as quickly as I could. Once I arrived, I walked in and the jeweler immediately recognized me.
"Ah, Mr. Todoroki. I have it right in the back. Let me quickly grab it." She said, as I walked to the counter she was standing at.
"Thank you, miss." I said.
She returned after a few seconds, ring box in hand. She handed it to me and I looked inside. The ring was perfect. I smiled, softly.
"You must really love her." She said.
"Him. I really love him." I corrected.
"Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't mean to assume. He's a lucky man." She said.
"I'm luckier. He's the most amazing person in the world. Heck, in the universe. It's our 3 year anniversary today and now that they've finally made marriage possible for all people, I wanted to ask him to marry me. I've even talked to his mother and asked if I could marry him. I'm just so happy that she said it's okay and that I have him. I'm sorry, I'm rambling. I'll just pay and leave." I stated, rubbing the back of my neck.
"I think it's nice that you talk about him like that, even with some random person. You're both pretty lucky people." She said, smiling.
"Thanks. Here's the money." I said, handing her the money.
"Here's your chang-" She started.
"Keep it. You're a great lady and deserve it." I said, leaving the store.
Once I got around the corner of the apartment, I pulled my phone out and texted Izuku.

Me: Hey, Izuku. I'm around the corner, I'll be home soon. I'm sorry that I had to rush out, work emergency.
Izuku🥦💚: It's okay. I understand. But now we have time for our 3 year anniversary. Be safe. I love you.
Me: I will be, Izu. I love you, too. I'll see you soon.

I hated that I lied and said it was a work emergency, but otherwise he would have gotten suspicious. I started walking quicker, hiding the ring box in my inside pocket. I started running. I had to see him. I just couldn't hold in my excitement. The snow crunched under my feet as more snow fell. That's when I thought of the perfect way to...

Izuku P.O.V.:

I sat on the couch, looking through my phone while waiting for Shoto. I had the window slightly open, hearing quiet chatting outside from people walking by. I looked up from my phone for a second, looking outside the window before I heard the door swing open. I quickly looked at the door to see Shoto smiling widely.
"How did you get here so quickly? You were just around the corner." I asked.
"I ran. I couldn't wait to see you." He answered, breathing heavily.

3rd person P.O.V.:

Izuku chuckled and walked forward to Shoto.
"You're crazy," Izuku said, helping Shoto take his coat off, "I made hot chocolate since you must be cold."
"Yeah, I'll have some. But we have to go outside again later. It's really pretty! We should go to that park around the corner." Shoto said, excitedly.
"Okay, let's just drink some hot chocolate and watch a movie right now. Then we'll go to the park." Izuku said, pulling Shoto with him to the couch. They both sat on the couch, Shoto was near the couch lean with Izuku leaning against him. The movie was playing and they drank their hot chocolate. After the movie finished, Shoto jumped up and cleared the mugs into the sink.
"You coming? We wanted to go to the park." Shoto asked.
"Yeah, yeah. I'm coming. I'll grab the scarves and hats. You get the coats and shoes." Izuku said, walking into the room. Izuku grabbed hats and scarves and Shoto grabbed the coats and shoes. Shoto put on his coat and shoes and then Izuku walked out. Izuku walked up to Shoto and wrapped the scarf around his neck and placed the hat on his head. Izuku put on his coat and shoes and was surprised when he felt a scarf being wrapped around his neck and a hat being placed on his head.
"Shall we go to the park now?" Izuku asked.
"Wanna go to the big field or where the swings are?" Shoto asked.
"Swings. I'm still childish." Izuku replied.
"Thought so. Let's go." Shoto said, grabbing Izukus hand. Izuku grabbed the keys and followed after Shoto.

Izuku P.O.V.:

Shoto strolled very quickly, making me basically run.
"Shoto, slow down. You're making me run." I said, pulling at Shotos wrist.
"Sorry. I'm just happy." He answered, slowing to my pace and smiling at me.
"It's okay. Let's just enjoy our day." I said, linking my arm in his and put my other arm so that my hand was on his upper arm.
"Happy 3 year anniversary, Izu." Shoto said, looking at me. I leaned up and stood on my tiptoes and kissed Shotos cheek.
"I'm happy that we've been together for this long. And I can't wait for what the future holds." I say, starting to walk again. We walk for another few minutes, talking about memories. Soon, we arrived at the park. I saw the swings. I loosened my grip on Shotos arm.
"Race ya." I said, before running off to the swings. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Shoto run behind me, smiling widely.
"That was unfair." He panted, when we arrived at the swings. I sat on the swing, swinging innocently. Shoto looked up and brushed his fingers through his hair, smiling slightly.
"You look really handsome right now." I say, smiling up at him. He stands up and walks closer to me, pecking my lips.
"I love you." He said, brushing my bangs out of my face.
"I love you, too." I told him, placing my hand on his. He sat on the swing next to mine and started swinging as well. We talked for an hour about what we would do when we got back inside.
"I'm getting a little cold. Can we go back inside?" I asked, looking at Shoto.
"Just a sec. Walk over to the wall and look at it until I tell you to turn, okay?" he said, helping me up and towards the wall. I stared at the wall as I heard shuffling behind me.

Shoto P.O.V.:

I carved the words 'will you marry me, Izuku?' into the snow. Once I was finished, I knelt behind it.

Izuku P.O.V.:

"Can I turn around yet?" I asked, impatiently.
"Yes, you can." He answered.
I slowly turned my body to look at him. He was on one knee, holding a ring box with' will you marry me, Izuku?' carved into the snow. Tears flooded my eyes and streamed down my face as I cupped my mouth.
"Will you marry me, Izuku?" he asked, smiling up at me.
I nodded my head vigorously as I ran towards him, enveloping him in a hug. I pulled back and he placed the ring on my finger.

Words: 1604

Wow, that was exhausting. Sorry, I'm writing this at like 2 am because I couldn't sleep and I know if I do sleep, I'll have a nightmare. Anyway, here you go. Here's a oneshot. Bye from Author-Chan!!!💙💙