Close Call (Tododeku)

Shoto P.O.V.:

We are finally pro hero's, but that doesn't mean it comes without any risks. I was number two pro hero and Midoriya was number one. I still hadn't told anyone about my feelings for the shorter male. Nor that I was gay. I had patrol right now, and I knew Midoriya did too, he was near here. Suddenly, a loud bang pulled me out of my trance. I started running towards it. Midoriya and I were the only hero's on patrol today, so the other hero's will take longer to get here. As I arrive, I see Midoriya battling what I assume was a Villain. I see the Villain try to get a sneak attack on Midoriya and shoot my ice to make a wall between them. The Villain was huge and looked extremely strong.
"Are you okay, Mi-Deku?" I asked, nearly forgetting to call him by his hero name.
"I'm okay, Shoto. Thank you for helping." He shouts back, landing next to me.
I froze the villains hands and legs together, hoping it'll save us some time.
"What happened?" I asked.
"I was patrolling around the area and this Villain tried to kidnap me. Luckily, I noticed before he could and jumped away, but he broke that building and it collapsed. There weren't many people, but I saw a few. Do you think you could try and tie up the Villain while I get them out of there?"
He asked, looking at the building.
"Sure, just hurry up and... be careful." I said, smiling.
"I will." He smiled back at me.
Midoriya ran off into the building, rescuing the civilians from inside. I tried to get closer to the Villain to tie him up, but when I did, he immediately broke through the ice and tried to attack me. I immediately froze it again, and stayed back, keeping an eye on it. Midoriya came back quickly. He looked at me confused.
"Why haven't you tied him up yet?" Midoriya asked.
"Every time I get close to him, he seems to get angrier and he's able to break through my ice." I say, slightly confused.
"Maybe he has a problem with you?"
Midoriya suggested.
"But why?" I asked.
"He didn't seem to want to hurt me. You keep a firm hold of the ice on him so he can't hurt me, I'll get closer and see what his motives are." Midoriya suggested.
"Are you sure you should do that?" I asked, curiously.
"It's the only thing we can do right now." Midoriya said.
"Be careful, Midoriya." I said, concerned.
"I will be as careful as I can be, Todoroki-kun!" Midoriya said, smiling brightly at me.
"But I'm also going to make sure that everyone stays safe even if it means risking myself. And, Todoroki-kun, if I say run, you have to run, okay? Don't ignore what I say." Midoriya said, serious all of a sudden.
"What if you're in danger?" I asked.
"No matter the circumstances, okay?" He said, tone serious and unfaltering.
I nodded.
"Now, just make sure to not let loose on the ice, okay?" Midoriya said, smiling a close eyed smile.
I hummed in response. Midoriya jumped and neared the Villain. I was listening to their conversation.
"What are your motives? Why did you try to kidnap me and attack us hero's?" Midoriya asked the Villain.
"I just wanted you to myself, but that hero over there likes you and is trying to take you away from me!" The Villain replied.
"I'm sorry, but I'm not anybodies. I'm my own person and I don't belong to anyone. And if you had kidnapped me, I only would have made your life a living hell." Midoriya replied.
I hadn't noticed, but I was losing my concentration and the ice started to melt.
"Well, if I can't have you, no one will!" The Villain screamed. He broke free of the ice and smashed Midoriya to the floor. I saw Midoriya on the floor. I froze the Villain, running over to Midoriya.
"Midoriya, are you okay?" I asked, picking up his head.
"Run, Todoroki-kun. Get more hero's, then come back." Midoriya said, his voice weak.
"I'm not leaving you here alone. Never." I said, freezing a wall over and beside us.
I noticed Midoriya shaking.
"Let me move you onto my left side, you won't be as cold." I suggested.
"I-I'm not c-cold T,,,, Todoro,, ki-kun." He said, voice getting weaker.
"Midoriya, I'm gonna need you to stay awake, okay?" I whispered to him.
I heard noises from outside so I melted the ice by placing my left hand on it. I saw Sero holding the Villain with his tape, Kaminari shocking him with his electricity and Bakugou blasting explosions at him. I saw Kirishima standing near us, ready to take a hit for us if the Villain came near us.
"Are you guys okay?" Kirishima shouted.
"Midoriya is hurt, I'm okay though." I shouted.
"Bring him to an ambulance, we've got it covered here." Kirishima said, turning around to face me.
He noticed Midoriya was unconscious.
"Ride with him in the ambulance. It'll make you feel better." He said, smiling.
"How,,, did you know?" I said, confused.
"I know you like him. I see it in the way you look at him. Now go, bring him to an ambulance before he gets too out of it."
I nodded, running off with Midoriya in my arms.
Little did they know, Midoriya was awake and heard the conversation.

Words: 955

Thank you for reading, I'm gonna write a part two cause I feel like it. Anyways, see you in the next chapter. Bye from Author-Chan!!!💙💙