ACT II: Lady of The Rain

I woke up on a nice bed. Smell of roses, bird chirping. I feel amazing. Eva was sleeping next to me. What happened? why is she on my bed? what is this happiness? Eva woke up, and kissed me on the cheek. "Good morning sweetie. you were sleeping so soundly. you kept smiling when you were asleep." i kissed her back, and got dressed. i went outside, and walked along the road. this is bliss. i never been so happy. "Alex!" said a very familiar voice. its Draco. my only best friend in this world. "Let's get something to eat at our favourite tavern. bring Eva with you."

We ended chatting, eating, having fun. this life is amazing! surrounded by loved ones. living a world that's so pretty, it's amazing.  But there's an odd feeling. like i'm being followed. just like that night at the inn. wait, inn? why did i went to an inn? wait, why can't i remember? wait. 

" you ok alex?" asked Draco. you seem distraught. 

"Im fine. but for some reason, i can't remember anything of my past." Past? wait. what year is this?

"Draco? did we went adventuring before? What year is this?" 

"What an odd question. why would we adventure? you think this is a storybook? haha. we have always been here. in the city. this is normal. don't you worry. the healer said you would have short term memory loss from the day you fell while you worked. first time i see you had this though. are you sure you're ok?" I went home. whats wrong with me.. i can't remember. maybe i'm just exhausted? i should forget about it. this is real. im here. when i eat, i get full. when i pinch myself, its painful. Odd. why did i think i was somebody else? haha.

I remember some of my life.  

Im apparently a blacksmith. Eva is my wife, we run a blacksmith shop. i'm just a normal person, living a normal life. 

"Wake up" 

Huh?

"Wake up"

a very familiar voice whispered into my ear. There nobody but me in the room. Eva went to the market, and i had no visitors. "who are you?" i asked. 

"A friend."

I was scared. i went out, walked in the city. i kept thinking about the voice. then it rained. almost the same as the day at the inn..huh? inn? the raindrops were nostalgic. it's like warm embrace almost. it was raining, but i didn't get wet. in the confusion, a lady in a tunic, with a hood on her head walked towards me. she smiled, walking past me. i knew her. i know. i knew. this isn't real. this isn't my life. this is a fake. this is a fake! while i was rambling, Eva and Draco came behind me and pat my shoulder .

"What's wrong alex? You look like a madman." he asked. but it felt weird. i punch Draco in the face. He laughed. "You found me out. i wished i could eat more of your lifeforce". Everything changed. it was no longer pretty. around me warped into a twisted atmosphere. the air were rancid. the surroundings were out of a horror show. "Draco" turn into into a full blown horror demon. it was scary ill admit. but my anger were tenfold. i was tricked, betrayed of my dreams. the demon, looked like a melting goop of flesh. It had spikes all over its body, making it look like something that was impaled and melted. it charge towards me, and i was weaponless. i braced myself, and raised my fits ready to give a futile attack. if i die, i don't want to die a coward. as it reaches me, a blast of water hit the demon. the lady of the rain, slowly walked towards it. he looked at me, smiled, and thanked me for the delicious meal i gave her. she turned towards the demon, and fought it furiously. that demon never stood a chance. she was as graceful as a swan on a calm, enchanted lake. yet her attacks looked like a devastating tsunami. After shes done, she went to me, kneeled, took my hand, and kissed it. " i finally found the champion, i shall serve as your guardian Milord." then it rained. Then everything faded to black.